Nordhavn 78, Selene 78, Horizon EP77 or NorthernMarine 80

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Seamaster74...have you come to conclusion as to a new boat to fulfill your cruising dreams?
I'd be curious as to what you have settled on if anything yet.

Back to your original list. Nordhavn is worthy of consideration. I wouldn't consider Selene to be at their level for transatlantic crossings. Now would I put the Horizon EP there. As to Northern, bankrupt, busted, gone.

Now, I am a fan of Bering but I wouldn't ever select the first delivery in a specific range by a builder and to my knowledge, they've not delivered a boat in that range. Seaton, I'd give consideration to. Then my first choice in that size range would be a Fleming 78.

Of course you indicate you like watersports and fishing and all these have some limitations in that regard. There are other boats worthy of consideration as well, such as a Hatteras 100.

I'd suggest lots of studying and some chartering before rushing toward a choice.

In 2018 the first B80 was delivered. Currently, there are 2 more vessels in this size category in build and will be delivered this year. The B77 to be launched in few weeks and the B76 by the end of 2021.

Back
Top Bottom