View Single Post
Old 11-08-2017, 03:16 PM   #13
Delfin
Grand Vizier

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstbase View Post
Discussed my cushion situation in another thread but thought I would break it off into another to get some more comments. Need sunbrella covered flybridge cushions for my Grand Banks 42'. Picture attached but not my boat. Two separate benches, both with fore and aft seating. I was dealing with a local canvas shop that comes with reasonable reviews. They supplied me with a quote of $1,700. However, canvas shop now realizes they made a mistake and only quoted 1/2 the job. Priced out 4 cushions not 8 as needed for both sides of seating. Cost is now almost double, about $3,300.

Does that seem about right for this job? First time boat cushion buyer so don't have a clue but...$3300 for those cushions? Sticker shock I guess. Any comments appreciated!
Seems too high to me. We redid the saloon cushions a couple of years ago. Tufted, Sunbrella, two L shaped settees with 14 cushions total and I don't recall paying much more than $3,000. Your job seems way simpler.