Sited sp70

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KEVMAR

Vessel Name
Delphina
Vessel Make
President 43
Traveling down icw my auto pilot keeps shutting off .. what should I check ?
Kg

Get the cat off the dashboard

Thanks but don’t have a cat

Low voltage, is my next guess.

Check the voltage under typical load. Could be corrosion on connections, undersize wiring or a combination. We started bringing our boat home to MI from VA after we bought it. Started getting low voltage warning from the new VHF. Then the auto pilot started complaining about low voltage. Took a day off to figure out how it was wired. I had untinned ground bars, too small gauge wiring and too much added equipment. I found a way to make it work to get home and after we got home, I added a new power and ground along with a new power panel to the bridge dedicated to just the electronics. No more problems.

Check the health of your batteries too.

9/10 Loose or dirty connection. Check everything from the fuse/cb to the control head and to the hydraulic pump control unit.
1/10 Something internal to the AP.

When you say "shutting off", is it powering off like when you power it down? Or is it switching from auto or Nav to standby?

Goes off .... after about an hour it seems to be fine .. docked in Georgetown sc may leave tomorrow if weather is ok or just stay here till Friday when weather is better,will see what happens

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom