City: PBG
Vessel Name: TurboBlue
Vessel Model: Kawasaki ZRX1200R Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDreamer View Post
Drone / Kawasaki ZRX1200R Turbo Guy:

"...he was off-throttle before he got pushed into the wave."

So let me see if I have this right:

You are on shore, flying your drone around the inlet. A center console appears some distance off shore. For "minutes" you filmed this boat running along with enough clarity to know "how the waves and boat were acting."

Let's say he was only going 15 'mph'. And let's say that you have 3 minutes of the additional footage covering that period of time. So you video'd him running for at least 3/4 of a mile before the crash. That is, honestly, excellent drone-flying.
diver dave you are correct on aircraft analogy...
IMO this was an unfortunate chain of events = not accident...

Fletcher500 Thank you and I attached my favorite Boat Follow here for you Not sure but I think? you might be able to see the waves better in this HD video???

CDreamer (at risk of getting banned from here)...
You are Utterly Clueless with your Rambling,
(but Thank You, I thought my Flying was OK considering how Windy it was)...
This Sir. will be my last comment/reply to anything you might spew at me in the future...
1: I have powerful binoculars to watch for boats, NOT from ground/water level but from on top of the Jetty so I actually had to wait for him to get closer "before I took off to go out to him"...
2: I met the boat about 1/4 mile out so seeing/watching the waves over and over and over in HD on a 24" monitor = YES you can see what the wave action was/is doing...
3: (lastly) Since the wind was blowing "towards shore" YES myself and several other people "that witnessed this" from the Jetty (and some of us talked about it after I landed) all heard his motor/throttle actions maybe 200 yards offshore... And because the boat went down LESS THAN 200Ft from where I was standing, I can say with 100% confidence that he was Off-Throttle Twice before Surfing down into the swell...

Carry on folks, nothing else to see here

PLEASE forgive me for it saying Sport Fish at the end, rather than Open Fish or Center Console...