Iphone Emergency Contact

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pgitug

Guru
Vessel Name
Escapade
Vessel Make
Nordic Tug 37 2002
Under the Health app you are able to provide your medical information and your In Case Of Emergency information that responders can access from your Locked iphone screen.
Have we all done this???
A really good tool to keep you healthy.
[emoji41]

I had done it a couple of years ago, BUT thanks to this post I just updated my info.
Thanks!

How many of you have even added an ICE (In Case of Emergency) name, phone # etc to your contact list? It's the first thing first responders look for on your phone. And it doesn't require an app.

I have. ICE 1, 2, and 3. And a POLST on my 'fridge. And a "D" on my drivers license (if there's anything left after the sharks attack!) Hopefully there would be at least one of three people on this planet that would pick up the phone call from a strange number.

But I have no POLST record on the boat, that is something I could do easily, figure out where to put it for first responders, with ICE contact backup.

The new iOs update has a feature that can be activated that if you press one of the buttons 5 time it will automatically send messages to whoever you want and call 911 and give them your location. Kind of like DSC for your cell phone.

I have to tell you, after 25 years of ambulance and 15 as an ER nurse, no one EVER looks in the patient's cell phone for medical history. Yes, perhaps next of kin if the person is unable to tell us, but never medical info. We do see and read medic alert bracelets.

Now, if you're checking in to the ER and happen to have a current and complete list of meds, including dosages, that is extremely helpful. We WILL NOT look in your phone for it, but if you can call up the info for us we really appreciate it.

But they DO look for an ICE contact in your contacts list if no one is on scene to give 'em that info? At least that's what I've been told by a number of people.

How many of you have even added an ICE (In Case of Emergency) name, phone # etc to your contact list? It's the first thing first responders look for on your phone. And it doesn't require an app.

How do the access a contact list if phone is locked?

My $40 android allows you to display whatever info you chose to type in on the screen on power up.
I have "if found email < an address >“
Could just as easily be an emergency contact phone number

Last edited:
But they DO look for an ICE contact in your contacts list if no one is on scene to give 'em that info? At least that's what I've been told by a number of people.
Here's the thing: if the person is so sick that they're unable to provide us with info, it means that they probably came by ambulance. EMS crews don't look for phones, purses, eyeglasses, or such personal effects. If it is a vehicle crash then law enforcement has the phone, and it is them who tell us about the ICE contact. Otherwise, yeah, sometimes we find a phone in someone's belongings...it's honestly not common.

I"m with SIMI post #8 how do they access any info if the phone is locked mine unless in use.
Maybe best to put that info on a card in your wallet.

I"m with SIMI post #8 how do they access any info if the phone is locked mine unless in use.
Maybe best to put that info on a card in your wallet.

Embrace technology.
It will keep you young.
At the “Enter Code” screen there is a label marked
“Emergency”

IMG_3160.jpg

After pressing the “Emergency” label the screen changes to:

IMG_3161.jpg

Pressing the “Medical ID” brings up your Emergency contact person and your medical history.

ITS AMAZING [emoji41]

The point of this App is, it allows access to the info from your LOCKED screen. (no other personal info is accessible)
On a iPhone, you probably already have the "Health" App button unless you hid it at some point. (It's a white square with a red heart).
Open it.
Choose "Health Records"
Choose "Data Sources & Access"
Now, look down at the VERY BOTTOM, and choose the asterisk shape that's says "Medical ID" over to the right.
Open it. Press the words in Red.
Add your info.

Make sure the Show When Locked slider is green (on).

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom