Another Light Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jamoore

Veteran Member
I got such great help on my last question so here is another one. As mentioned in the other post. We are new owners of a 2004 Mainship 40. I noticed a couple of the indicator lights on the DC panel are out. I unscrewed the panel to look and it appears these are not a simple bulb replacement. Looks like the indicator light is a separate unit and the bulb is not replaceable. If this is in fact the case, anyone have a source for replacements? Looks like they did not make this an easy fix. They appear to be accessible for replacement with a little effort and shutting the power off to the panel. Thanks, Joe

You need to remove one light and measure the mounting hole diameter. You can find them online, usually as 12VDC panel indicator LEDs. Replace them all for a consistent look.

No clue on the specific model used on a Mainship, but if you go to Amazon and search "12V pilot light" you'll find quite a few options.

Whether you replace them with an LED assembly or something else, make sure that they are rated " at more than 12 VDC "
Just mho ..... F

I replaced a few on my 2005 34T. Just push them out from the back and cut the wires. My recollection is that they are 1/4" holes. Readily available but a little expensive; ~$4.00 each.

Back
Top Bottom