Thread: Jet skis?
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2017, 06:53 PM   #104
BandB
Guru

City: Fort Lauderdale. Florida, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simi 60 View Post
Agreed, but with jet skis its only them that are wrong.

It is them who go to fast through anchorages, go to close to boats, make excessive noise and generally fek up everyone else's day.

Best we can do on a slow moving or anchored vessel is shake our fist and then ...................shake our fist again.
Well, I hate to tell all you but there are other groups talking just as much about trawlers and how they anchor everywhere and think they own the waterways and how they go so slow down the ICW and then get angry if anyone passes them or jet skis. Oh and sailboaters saying awful things about you...well, until they become trawler owners. Shaking fist is fine, but then relax and chill. If someone does something that really puts you in danger, call the authorities.

I do think every coastal boater should be required to boat on an inland lake for at least three summer weekends, one being a holiday, before buying a trawler. I guess it prepared us. There's no where on the lake you won't get waked on a weekend, fast boats, slow boats, bass boats, jet skis, pontoons, bowriders, ski and board boats. All fighting for a small piece of water.

We're use to jet skiers. They go right by our house all the time.
BandB is offline   Reply With Quote