View Single Post
Old 10-25-2017, 09:15 AM   #37
Dougcole
Guru

City: Carrabelle, FL
Vessel Name: Morgan
Vessel Model: '05 Mainship 40T
Miami is a place of good and bad. I am down there for work about twice a month, I travel the entire state for my job. I was born and raised in Fort Myers. People have pretty much hit the nail on the head with their descriptions above, but I will pile on that the traffic and drivers in Miami are the worst in the entire United States. Lots of good as well though, it's a big city with a lot of diversity. No one who lives there travels much from their small part of the city to another part of the city unless they have to. The Miami airport is nice.

People don't want to admit it, but there isn't as much difference between the West and East coasts as there used to be. Fort Myers now is completely unrecognizable from what it was when I was in High School in the 80's. And not in a good way. Much, much more built up and crowded. It has many of Miami's problems without some of the good stuff Miami has. All of my family still lives there, but if I were forced to move south Fort Myers would be low on my list, ahead of only Orlando and the Tampa Bay area, which is the seediest, nastiest part of the entire state.
Dougcole is offline   Reply With Quote