Swim Platform Progress

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MakinMemories

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Makin Memories
Vessel Make
1987 41' President
After months of design and building, the swim platform is installed on Makin Memories! There are several additional items to install, but the big hurdle is out of the way!:smitten:
13125-albums530-picture4003.jpg

13125-albums530-picture4004.jpg

DinghyRamps Added

We were able to install the DinghyRamps yesterday as well as the telescopic swim ladder. It is coming together and we should be able to splash next Monday or so. Waiting on two new water pumps to be installed and the aft deck to swim platform ladder install. The blow-out panels will be installed today as well as the valve cover gasket on the starboard engine. I'll finish up buffing today (just in time for the rain this weekend!!:banghead:) and a little fiberglassing cosmetic repair here and there and that should be it for this time around.:socool:
13125-albums530-picture4006.jpg

That's a lot of work and it looks great! You're fortunate to be able to launch this time of year when many haul out for the season. I count my blessings in that respect also.

Looks like the start of a great winter boating season. Tell us how you like the dink ramps. A pic or video with the dink would be great!

Cheers!

Looks great. Is that Doug Bruce I see working on your swim platform? If Doug is doing the work, it will be done right. Great craftsman.

Back Home

13125-albums530-picture4014.jpg

Makin Memories is back in her slip at Turtle Cove after a week of maintenance and cleaning. The swim platform turned out as planned and the engines received new water pumps each. Attaching the ladder from the aft deck and bringing the dinghy onboard have yet to be done (hopefully this weekend) as well as adding additional batteries for the house electrical load and a valve cover gasket for the starboard engine. I will change the oil in the diesel engines the first of December as well as change all the oil and fuel filters (jeez, sounds like a lot to do yet!).

We will begin moving the items we need to live aboard for a year in the coming weeks as well as finish arranging administrative items here so that we can manage them remotely. We feel fortunate that we have a young couple living in the house while we are away knowing they will care for the home till we return.

Swim platform looks great. :thumb:
Congrats.

It is Doug. He did an outstanding job. He can be found at Doug's Bruce Custom Boat Work located at Pitman's Yacht in Tarpon Springs.

Back
Top Bottom