Lower cost marinas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am about 50 miles south of Boston in Fairhaven. I paid reasonable slip fees at a local shipyard for 25 years or so with the last cost nearing $4K for my 40' Silverton aftcabin.

Ten years ago I joined the Auxiliary here in Fairhaven which allowed me to have a slip at their docks that I took advantage of some 5 years ago. My cost is $10/ft plus another $100 for a season. Sure, each member is required to provide some help, all of 8 hours each year. Such a great deal, I gladly do as much as I can, more than the required 8 hours by far.

And our harbor (New Bedford/Fairhaven) is protected with a hurricane barrier.

We pay $250/month for a 60' covered slip in a marina that's only 8 years old, and that includes water.

That's nice but you are 3000 miles from the OP's request.
As for that, it would help if he told us little more precisely where in the southeast and what kind of slip and term of occupancy.

My marina charges more per foot for larger slips less for smaller slips. Has security 24 hours a day, fuel 7 days a week, nice clean bath houses and laundry facilities (2) at the bath houses. Our boat is in a 50 ft slip, taxes and electricity averages $10.45/ft a month. Living aboard is another $75/month pump out at the slip adds another $40/month but is free at the fuel dock if we do it ourselves.

For south Florida that is an incredible rock bottom price. Most marinas in my area run from $25 to $45 per month.

I'm in Jupiter, north of West Palm Beach and at $17.85 a foot per month. Very secure little hurricane hole private marina, has cameras on my boat which I can view online and locked access. Right around the corner from all services and the inlet and IC. Good thing because marina has no services at all. Just a slip. We looked from Stuart (45 minutes north by car) all the way to Miami. The further down the coast, the closer to Miami, the higher the price. Stuart @ $12+- a foot and ending at BandB's quoted Fort Lauderdale/Miami prices of $25-$45 per foot per month. Directly proportional and related to how close you got to FTL/MIA.

Thank you all for your posts, you have given some great ideas. I am south of Savannah now but am researching places for next year and trying to balance location, price and distance from ATL. I use her for family vacations but also get away to fish with my son. While I work I want to find places that I can take her and spend even more time when I retire. Thank you again

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom