I have the most wonderful wife

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Deano

Vessel Name
Becca
Vessel Make
Gulfstar 44
IMG_3801.JPG

I don't let my wife do things like that on the boat. If I did, I'd hear about it for months. Ain't worth the hassle.

I had to switch out our 8D battery bank yesterday but since cleaning outside the boat is usually my job she was thoughtful enough to do it for me. Did it better than I do also.

Not bad, but that's one day.

My wife let me go cruise the Great Loop for a year without her. She's working so that we have healthcare.

Ted

We're 24/7 live aboard, work together when not aboard.

Ahh, yes! Unfortunately, she's much smarter now! (Sue painted the bottom of our Morgan 27 every year from 1995 to 2004, and of our LeComte NE 38 from 2005 to 2012.)

Attachments

• IMG_0405.jpg
    IMG_0405.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 345
  • IMG_0402.jpg
    IMG_0402.jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 325
Which of my ex-wives shall I comment on?
My LAST LAST ex-wife had put in her prenup she had visitation rights on the boat if I died. I think that went on for a year. A bit more complicated than that but, you get the drift.
That boat along with that ex-wife have both been deemed constructive losses.

My future ex-wife insists on equal work = equal pay.

Attachments

• DA29CF63-D887-49C3-A665-B39854D05DD7.jpg
    DA29CF63-D887-49C3-A665-B39854D05DD7.jpg
    198.5 KB · Views: 266
I had to switch out our 8D battery bank yesterday but since cleaning outside the boat is usually my job she was thoughtful enough to do it for me. Did it better than I do also.

Glad to hear she was cleaning the boat. I thought she was seasick. :angel:

Mine ain't bad...;)

Attachments

• IMG_5221.jpg
    IMG_5221.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 312
  • IMG_5858.jpg
    IMG_5858.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 294

My wife let me go cruise the Great Loop for a year without her. She's working so that we have healthcare.

Ted

Totally alone? Why do I suspect other wise. You took the dog?

Ted

I think you win.

No comment. I don't need you hunting me down to kick my ass and sink my boat. LOL

:rofl: :rofl:

Because of her, my boat is self cleaning...the fridge is always loaded with food and beer. And the minute I think to myself, "It would be nice to have a beer"....I look down and there is a beer!!! The crazy thing is....I think she might like being on the boat more than I do...which is unfathomable because I love it!

Hmm, a genie in a never empty beer bottle? What a concept. Does she have a sister? LOL

Nope...got you all beat.

I always had a dream to sea kayak the coast of BC, so after I almost got paralyzed in a logging accident she said we should go for it. We intended to leave in the spring, but we both lost our seasonal jobs in September (this was 1991) and our savings were being squandered on things like rent, so she said, "Let's go now".

We shoved off the beach in mid October and spent two months paddling to Bella Bella where we left our kayaks for the rest of the winter. We came home by ferry, then picked up jobs until the early spring, and then paddled from Bella Bella to Vancouver.

She found out that rental car companies need cars 'dead headed' back up north, so we scooped a cheap ride home...we just didn't mention the two kayaks we were going to strap to the roof.

We worked a couple more temporary jobs, then paddled from Prince Rupert to Kitimat in late summer, early fall. Each leg was 2 months long.

She never complained once about the 16 hour rainy nights in the winter, the hurricane force storms, the bugs in spring, or not meeting other people for over a month at a time. Talk about stepping up to help fulfill your partners dream!

Last edited:
Avatar was taken on that trip. People who know Canoona Falls on Princess Royal Island will realize how hard it would have to rain for that much water to be in the falls. We were storm bound there for five days.

Totally alone? Why do I suspect other wise. You took the dog?

No pets. I found it far easier to get my furry four legged friend fix by showing affection to other cruisers pets. Works extremely well and a good anchorage doesn't need to have beach accessibility. :)

Ted

Wouldn't swap mine. Took too long to find her. She does that beer thing too never asked, she just does it.

Wouldn't swap mine. Took too long to find her. She does that beer thing too never asked, she just does it.

Too bad I don't drink beer.
I don't drink hard liquor either.
I am just a wino, one glass, 4 to 6 oz or red wine before bed. That's what I tell my doctor. He believes me.
Seriously, one or two glasses of wine and I am not to be trusted so I go to bed.

Hey i got in trouble when i listened to my wife she said i needed to start showing more affection so i went out and got a girlfriend

I have a woman who is a great cook, a great housekeeper, and great in bed.

And I am damned if I am ever going to let the three of them meet.

We were looking for a trailerable pocket trawler until my wife said, "We should go down and look at that 30' Sundowner Tug that's for sale". :D

I don't let my wife do things like that on the boat. If I did, I'd hear about it for months. Ain't worth the hassle.
You got that right! I try and keep my wife off the boat for the very same reason!
:blush:

Attachments

• IMG_2812.jpg
    IMG_2812.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 159
Back
Top Bottom