The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Keith

Guru
Vessel Name
Anastasia III
Vessel Make
Krogen 42
When I brought up the site this morning, every topic had the yellow "new posts" icon by it, but most didn't. This sure wastes a lot of time if I can't figure out which ones do and don't have new messages.

Also, any way we can have a graphic on the actual new messages in each thread? Most of the time I remember, but you know how.... what was I talking about?

Keith, the only thing I can think of is that we are jacking around with different setting and maybe that part "refreshed" itself while we were working with different settings. Let us know if it becomes a normal thing or if it was just an aberration..

I'm not sure what you are getting at in the second part. If you notice, if there is a new post to a thread then that thread is in bold face on your computer....the inactive ones are not. that would be how to tell if a thread has a new post to it. Is that what you are getting at???

John

So I can see that a thread has new messages, but when you open the thread you have to determine which ones are new... my memory sucks! :0

Some of the other boards have a star or something like that in/on the acutual new messages in the thread. Not a big deal, but would be nice.

Still not following you. Not only is it in bold face, but the little "flag" is yellow in color with the threads that have new posts. I guess all I am saying is that I am able to tell which threads have new posts and you are telling me that you are not?

Maybe your "Browsing History" setting is set to zero or 1 day?* Try 20 days, I think that's IE's default.* It's in Tools, Internet Options.
smile.gif

When I am looking AT the thread, there is no designator on each message showing whether THAT post is new or not.

Keith wrote:

When I am looking AT the thread, there is no designator on each message showing whether THAT post is new or not.
Gotcha....I doubt such a thing exists.* In my experiences with other forums I have never seen that feature. I guess you gotta rely on your good ole memory.

On second thought, may forums I have seen have a feature on the thread that will take you tot he post that is the first unread...r new since the last time you logged on....Doug?

-- Edited by Baker at 18:10, 2007-10-14

I also noticed that if you log in from a different computer, everything is new/unread again. Difficult to see what is new.

Appears that the read/unread info is remembered by the browser rather than under my login on the server?

I have two computers at home (laptop/desktop) and I log in from work.

Back
Top Bottom