Holding Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

walt

Vessel Name
Justified
Vessel Make
1986 Jefferson Sundeck
Hello,

My wife and I just bought our boat in which we intend to do the Great Loop. The original black water holding tank is under the galley sole (parquet flooring) in our Jefferson Sundeck and has to be replaced. It appears I'll have to remove the galley sole to accomplish this. Does anyone have any suggestions/recommendations on how to get the tank out as well as from where to purchase a new tank?

Thanks,
Walt

Clean it REAL good and then sawzall.

That's not a great location for a waste holding tank...boat builders have an unfortunate habit of putting 'em where it's easiest and then building out the boat around 'em. If you can thoroughly clean it out and plug the fittings, we can look for a better place to put the new one.

Ronco Plastics Marine Tanks - Ronco Plastics (no relation to the VegoMatic Ronco) Ronco Plastics marine Tanks is your best source for a tank. They make TOP quality thick-walled water and waste tanks for a very reasonable price and has more than 400 shapes and sizes, over 100 of which are non-rectangular (which means you might be able to fit a larger one in the same space), and they install fittings in the sizes and locations specified by the customer when they make the tank. So you'll have a lot of size/shape options...one of which will aomost certainly be right for a good location.

Peggie
"If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't completely understand it yourself." --Albert Einstein

I agree with Peggie, buy your tank from Ronco. Don't forget as you are looking at the drawings, you can turn the tanks any way you want. If you see a tank on their website that's 24 inches wide and 12 inches high, you can turn it so it is 12" wide and 24" high.

Thank you all for your responses. Any suggestions on relocation spaces? We have a Raritan ElectroSan system now; will we still be able to use both if we use a Y-valve?

Any suggestions on relocation spaces? We have a Raritan ElectroSan system now; will we still be able to use both if we use a Y-valve?

That's not a great location for a waste holding tank...boat builders have an unfortunate habit of putting 'em where it's easiest and then building out the boat around 'em. If you can thoroughly clean it out and plug the fittings, we can look for a better place to put the new one.

Ronco Plastics Marine Tanks - Ronco Plastics (no relation to the VegoMatic Ronco) Ronco Plastics marine Tanks is your best source for a tank. They make TOP quality thick-walled water and waste tanks for a very reasonable price and has more than 400 shapes and sizes, over 100 of which are non-rectangular (which means you might be able to fit a larger one in the same space), and they install fittings in the sizes and locations specified by the customer when they make the tank. So you'll have a lot of size/shape options...one of which will aomost certainly be right for a good location.

Peggie
"If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't completely understand it yourself." --Albert Einstein

Yes...as long as you aren't in "no discharge" waters, which include most of New England and all of the Great Lakes which are where you'd be spending some time if you do the Loop. Treated waste is legal on almost all of the inland river system and most coastal waters south of New England.

Peggy is right about Ronco tanks. I have put them in 3 other boats. Good quality.

Back
Top Bottom