Upholstery

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jskinner30PII

Vessel Make
Mainship Pilot 30' Rumrunner
2006 - 30' Main ship pilot II
Problem - Upholstery starting to show wear .

Upholstery.jpg

Upholstery Chair.jpg

Looking at replacing.

Questions-
1)should I just take what I have to a local boat Upholstery place and have them try and match what I have?
2) Does anyone have the specs on foam density and fabric / material used for my year main ship?
Any suggestions appreciated.
Thanks Jeff.

Mainship is now out of business and maybe its OEM suppliers as well. Also the cushions on our new 2006 34T were a POS- the foam slowly fell apart and left crumbles underneath every time we used the boat.

I would go to someone who either specializes in marine canvas and upholstry or one who understands the issues of sunlight and foam life. Get them to make you replacement cushions including new foam.

David

Any canvas shop should be able to provide samples of fabrics and colors. The "House of Foam " in Parkville, Md 21234 ,not far from your location, has a vast inventory of foams. Take your seat, cushion and compare density.

Get a quote from a non marine upholstery shop as well, it might save some $.

Thanks for comments. I guess I will shop around with the cushions.
BruceK,
Those cushions are for a pre 2003 model, will not fit but Thanks for the heads up.
Dave,
I'll also check out the place in Parkville.
Jeff.

The advantage of using a shop that specializes in marine canvas and upholstery is, they understand the marine environment and what materials and techniques will stand up to it. Sometimes it's worthwhile to pay for that experience.

Cheaper today is not always cheaper in the long run.

You could have some fun and do it yourself :)

Learning to sew is allot more fun than you might think!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom