View Single Post
Old 10-14-2017, 05:20 PM   #102
Carriage Guy
Veteran Member

City: Pensacola
Vessel Name: Time and Tide
Vessel Model: Rosborough 246
Eric Kraft has been posting a series of pics to a dropbox site for the past 2 weeks showing their final boat prep activity for the show. The site has a bunch of loose pics from the very first day, intermingled with dated folders containing another couple of weeks of pics. Kudos to them for showing the real "sausage making" process.

I noticed he has also added the latest folder for Annapolis day 1. I've got no pics from the show better than what is already in one of these folders, his lighting and lack of crowds is superior. Here is the link to their dropbox site if you have not seen it yet:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/c2pmc4bz0...k1_Mdz5ya?dl=0

I talked to one of the Great Harbor folks about a few of the drop box pictures showing the launching the boat on a ramp and how far the stern submerges before the boat floats free, maybe 6"? It looked to me that the power heads come close to getting wet. The GH guy mentioned the cockpit would probably always get wet during launching. I'd like to see some launch photos showing the stern just before lifting free on steep/medium/shallow ramps.

I was told the generator will be in one of the laz storage areas with air vents located on the transom. The one vent on the stern of the current show boat looked to be the bilge blower. I'm interested to see how they handle the air flow/heat dissipation when installing the Honda. I've read some other blogs about folks trying to enclose a Honda 2000 without success due to heat buildup, even when moving air in/out through the laz with large muffin fans. In that case with the Honda 2k, the generator would cut off after about 30 minutes due to overheating.

I think I heard they "had 11 boats on order", which may also include the early delivery orders or orders on hand before the show. Sometimes hard to disentangle the boat show sales talk. Either way, still a good start.
Carriage Guy is offline   Reply With Quote