View Single Post
Old 10-11-2017, 01:13 PM   #20
Airstream345
Guru

City: Seattle, WA USA
Vessel Name: FORTITUDE
Vessel Model: Kadey Krogen 54-8
Man I love communities like this. I woke up this morning to find lot's of replies to my original question from last night. Thank you!

As an aside: already this site reminds me of the Airstream forum I used to belong to when we had our 1986 345. I could post a question and a pic and within hours had experienced answers from folks who've 'been there, done that and had the t-shirt'. It was like having a group of experts with you for every nut and bolt. Just awesome.

OK, so agreed that's unusual which is why I posted. In my opinion it doesn't DQ the boat but it has been a topic I've discussed at length with the surveyor and diesel mechanic to investigate. I've also been able to connect with a few other Bluewater 40 owners (again thanks to this amazing site) and learned that the forepeak was where the optional extra tankage would've been located (water and/or fuel) so perhaps this installation was a weight and balance decision. That said, no other owner I spoke with had their genny located outside of the ER.

In any case we're moving forward with the survey and will know more next week.
Airstream345 is online now   Reply With Quote