Thoughts with California

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BandB

Guru
All our thoughts are with those in California who are facing the fires. Hope you're all ok and safe.

I wish we could send them some of the post Hurricane Nate rain.
Best wishes to them!

We had lunch a couple weeks ago with a cousin whose house burned to the ground yesterday. He has the clothes on his back and that's it.

We had lunch a couple weeks ago with a cousin whose house burned to the ground yesterday. He has the clothes on his back and that's it.

Sorry for his loss, but glad he made it out. The fires were sweeping through so fast, some were unable to.

It's really sad, but another one of those "natural" risks that go with the turf. Like hurricanes, tornados, quakes, etc. I used to live up there back when it was real farmersand tiny, un-chic towns. So sad to see it happen.

As an aside, my elderly neighbors (husband is a Battle of the Bulge vet - donated a foot at 18 to the cause) have a daughter that owns and developed a vineyard up around Calistoga. She came down here (New Orleans) to ride out Nate with her folks.

She was completely burned out. Now she's the refugee. Staying here until the dust (ash) settles. The worm can turn, and sometimes it bites.

My thoughts, and I`m sure those of other Aussies, are with you in California.
Australia gets its share of "bushfires". As we enter "the bushfire season" we can identify with California. The news films last night were truly scary, when fires enter residential areas the damage is dreadful.
Here`s hoping the fires come under control and the weather conditions favouring fires change for the better.

My thoughts, and I`m sure those of other Aussies, are with you in California.
Australia gets its share of "bushfires". As we enter "the bushfire season" we can identify with California. The news films last night were truly scary, when fires enter residential areas the damage is dreadful.
Here`s hoping the fires come under control and the weather conditions favouring fires change for the better.

Similarly Florida had some earlier this year, but nothing like this in California.

In the city of Santa Rosa, 2,834 homes had been destroyed. Several folks lost their lives. Unbelievable.
IMG_3002.jpg

Yes the No Cal Wine area is being hit hard. That areas economy revolves around the vineyards and wine making, so the ripple affect to many others in the region will be significant.

Lots of rain the past winter after years of drought, then a heat wave and dry winds from the NE are a bad combination.

Regarding temps in general, the typical household within 10 miles from the coast did not need AC in the past. Not anymore.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom