How about any Jefferson owners?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey Whatever I have the same question? Where are the Jefferson owners? Ive been looking at them lately and they look like they would fit the bill for us. But I cant find anything from owners talking about the boat. I know one guy that owns one, he likes it, but you would think there would be some chatter on the net about Jeffersons... Maybe no news is good news??

In the serious stages of offer/purchase on a Jefferson...no experience or comments? Still looking for recommended surveyors in Florida

We bought a 46' Jefferson last year and really enjoy it. 1990 and in very good condition. Have about 1500 miles under our belt so far and the only issue so far (knock on wood) lost the impeller on the starboard engine water pump the 3rd day we had her. Have started updating electronics, TVs , radios, GPS and some 12 volt wiring on the flybridge. Learning more about this vessel every day.

I've got a 45 Jefferson in marathon ,fla. Had it for 8 years and living abroad it for 2 yrs now.No major faults with hull or Perkins . Had to change fuel tanks due to cleaning them when we first started cruising .Did it myself with free labor from those I gave fuel to. Boat is roomy and a nice livaboard.

My 45' Jefferson is for sale. Twin Perkins 6.354 turbo, new tanks 10 years ago. Great liveaboard ,queen aft, upper / lower bnks forward ,galley and table down. Large sallon with lower helm. Flybridge, with seating. Enclosure in bridge and large aft deck. 12' carbie dingie25 hp o/b Roomy, ready to go resent survey, Extra props and have repaired/ replaced things as needed. In marathon now ,will be heading to ft Lauderdale end of August. PM for more info. Jim

Bought our Jefferson Hershine last year. No major issues. A few design choices I would have done different. Limited visibility to the rear (installed camera to fix that). Hard to get from either nav station to the deck when handling lines.

Ours has a bathtub?? in the aft cabin. Makes for a big shower but kind of a waste.

We bought a 2000 60' Jefferson two years ago, and love the boat. As with all boats, there are compromises. The Marquessa is a great boat to live on or have a family get together, as it is roomy and well laid out. We just completed a 1500 mile loop around the Bahamas, and had the kids and grandkids down for parts of the trip. With three staterooms and bathrooms plus an office it handled everyone well. It is harder to dock due to the restricted visibility to the rear, but with headsets my wife and I have a routine and handle the boat ourselves. The boat is well made and seaworthy, so no issues there. Mine has 3406 Cats, which can eat the fuel at speeds over 10 knots, but at 10 or under, the fuel burn is 10 gallons an hour or less. We generally do not venture out in bad weather, but we did have about a 5' side sea crossing from Spanish Wells to the Abacos, and with stabilizers it was comfortable. So far we have had no major issues, except regular maintenance issues as with all boats. Our blog is http://mvmoondance@blogspot.com for a few pics.

I've found a Jefferson online. It's a 1987 46ft Sundeck. Anyone know anything about them? The price is low so I'm guessing it needs love, cosmetics are fine, it's the structural issues I worry about.

Mine is still for sale 45' motor yacht twin Perkins . It's in Ft Lauderdale and listed with Curtis and Stokes. They have a nice walk thru video. Sold the slip in marathon in August and moved back to Ft Lauderdale. Come see it.

Wife and I retired 6+ years ago,moved to marathon and lived aboard in the keys until August. Sold our slip at Harbour Cay Club and moved back to Ft Lauderdale. We have decided to go rving and see the states. We have boated for over 40+ years and it's time for a change and start a new chapter .

I've found a Jefferson online. It's a 1987 46ft Sundeck. Anyone know anything about them? The price is low so I'm guessing it needs love, cosmetics are fine, it's the structural issues I worry about.

At 27K there will be lots of issues...Would be nice to know what they are..1987 Jefferson 42 go for 60-90 K.. So far we love ours. If no issues that would be a steal at 27K

DeckApe- With your vessel being so clean, I hope it's not long before she sells. Enjoy your RV adventure, that's on my bucket list as well!

DLP- I sent the lister an email because the boat dropped from $45k, pretty big cut. In the pictures you can tell she hasn't been kept up with, lots of dirt on her. The only response I got was "Best to see the boat in person, owner wants boat gone." Not really what I was looking for, but could make for a fun weekend trip.

DeckApe- With your vessel being so clean, I hope it's not long before she sells. Enjoy your RV adventure, that's on my bucket list as well!

DLP- I sent the lister an email because the boat dropped from $45k, pretty big cut. In the pictures you can tell she hasn't been kept up with, lots of dirt on her. The only response I got was "Best to see the boat in person, owner wants boat gone." Not really what I was looking for, but could make for a fun weekend trip.

If she is close have a look. We looked at over 20 boats and could tell real quick if a project or clean-up. So glad we bought a clen-up..There is one in Ga also..J Island I believe.. Like the 46's

Mine is an '88 46 Jefferson. Love the boat...watch out for blisters.

Also check the fuel tanks. Big deal on older trawler's. Changed mine 10 years ago and did it myself as the cost from sevice folks was crazy. Upkeep has been on going and painted 10 years also. Ready to take it next owner on cruise to wherever. Never had any structure problems ,other than paint and rebeding of some fittings.

Jefferson 46' Sundeck M/Y

We have been full time cruisers for 4.5 years.
Our Sea Angel has been a very comfortable yacht for us. She seats 10 on the flybridge and having forward and aft staterooms with full showers and heads gives each guest "their space". What's not to like?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom