My boat's history?? #129

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Slow Lane
Vessel Make
2005 Silverton 35 Motoryacht
Hi guys,

I'm simply loving my new (to me) boat and enjoying her very much....although I live in Mass. and my season ending will be approaching quite soon!

I have hull #129. Anyone know her history?? I'm very impressed with her condition and upkeep BUT I'm also aware that I'm the 3rd owner. I think the original owner was from FL because I'm seeing different paperwork from shops and aftermarket outfitters from FL.

Anyone know hull #129?

Thanks!!!

We had a poster, N4712, whose family had a Camano 31 and sold it when they bought a Nordy 47. Believe it was in the early to mid 2014 timeframe and was from the West Palm Beach area of FL.

Your best bet is to contact Helmsman with the request. If the boat has been USCG documented, you might search the NOAA database.

Last edited:
We had a poster, N4712, whose family had a Camano 31 and sold it when they bought a Nordy 47. Believe it was in the early to mid 2014 timeframe and was from the West Palm Beach area of FL.

Your best bet is to contact Helmsman with the request. If the boat has been USCG documented, you might search the NOAA database.

It's not a Helmsman, it's a Camano.

Approximately 260 Camanos were built between 1989 and somewhere around 2006. That puts the OP's in the middle. Mine is #111, launched in November, 1999.

There is an East Coast Camano Owner's group (ECCO) with a website and a forum. Dues are $25 per year. There is also a Camano Cruisers group on Facebook. Someone in ECCO may know about your boat and if the owners were members, they will know about it.

I was sitting in a slip at Vero Beach Marina last spring when an older gentleman came walking down the dock and knocked on my window. I came out and he introduced himself. It turned out, he was the owner (at the time) of the dealership in NC that sold and commissioned my Camano.

He came aboard and looked around and we had a nice chat.

BTW: Early Camanos were documented as 28'. At some point after mine was built that was changed to 31'. No changes were made to the hull, just what they called it.

Also, they built four or five 41' boays shortly before they closed down. We were actually docked back to back with one in Savannah, GA but the owners didn't invite us aboard.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom