Book Recommendations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Richard,

Can you recommend any good marine weather books for dummies?

Asking for a friend...
The USA today Weather book is a good one.
Lots of graphics and understandable for the average person.

US Power Squadron also offers a good Wx course...largely based on the USA today book and other boating related topics.

Based on one of the early posts, I ordered the Radar Book. In the first 5 pages I was already learning new stuff. :thumb: Thanks for the suggestion.

Cheers, Bill

Some friends are advising me on different aspects of the boat we are building. One of them said "and what are you doing for a liferaft?"

I replied that I wasn't going to get one until the first year we cruise to Alaska. That in WA/BC waters we aren't ever that far from land and surely we could make use of our tender. He was not impressed and told me to read a few books like this one:

https://www.amazon.com/Overboard-Blue-water-Odyssey-Disaster-Survival-ebook/dp/B0039PH75E/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1507284363&sr=1-1&keywords=overboard

Just finished it last night. Oy vey. Good for us to see what has happened to some other unfortunate (or poor planning) folks.

I enjoyed voyaging under power By Robert Beebe/Leishman, 3rd edition. Beebe is considered by many to be the father of the trawler revolution.

Back
Top Bottom