Lots of spam on mobile forum?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Slow Lane
Vessel Make
2005 Silverton 35 Motoryacht
Guys, I use the mobile site a lot for Trawler Forum. I have a Samsung S8 (droid). The mobile site will almost daily give me pop up ads and just recently I started getted redirected ads where Im taken off the page completely!!

Very frustrating!!! Any other guys dealing with this on mobile devices? I never get any of these issues on my other boating forums like The Hull Truth or CBrats.

Guys, I use the mobile site a lot for Trawler Forum. I have a Samsung S8 (droid). The mobile site will almost daily give me pop up ads and just recently I started getted redirected ads where Im taken off the page completely!!

Very frustrating!!! Any other guys dealing with this on mobile devices? I never get any of these issues on my other boating forums like The Hull Truth or CBrats.

I have been getting them - saying I won something or other. I just click the X.

I have a couple apps on my phone that stop all that. One is Adblock and the other is Purify. Since installing those I've had no problems.

If you are logged in it shouldn't happen. For those who don't know the difference log out then access the forum as a guest to see all the ads.

If making sure you are logged in does not help then the problem is on your phone. Point of reference, I only access this forum while logged in via the iPhone app and have never even seen an advertisement.

Menzies: Im getting those "you won something" ones all the time. ��

Craig: Yes, I'm definitely logged in.

I don't have a problem, either logged in or out. But the Hull Truth forum is impossible for me to view at all. It locks my electronics up every time I attempt to look in. That's the only site to date that I have a problem with.

I like using tapatalk to view this forum on my S8. No adds no spam.

I use the app on my iPad and iPhone and do not get any ads.

I use only a laptop. Adblock got rid of the crap. Advertising based on subjects viewed was excessive, it had to go. I know it`s how the Forum makes money, but it was not acceptable. I ended up with a swag of suspect sites following me, impeding and imperiling my computer.Something had to happen, Pilou was kind enough to help.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom