Surveyor recommendation - Maryland

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chuck34

I've got my eye on a boat in the Solomons, MD area.
Any suggestions for a good surveyor in southern MD?

Can't remember his name but there's a guy who works out of Zahnhizer's. He did my boat for the buyer in July. Seemed through. I have used Dan McCann with Tranquil Waters out of White Stone VA. He is quite through and I would use him again in a heart beat.
I've used Allied Marine Consultants out of S Florida and they are very good. They work world wide but I expect you'll pay travel costs. Depends on the vessel.

Thanks bnoft. I've seen several good reports on the guy at Zahnhizers and Don McCann surveyed a boat I was selling. He did seem to do a good job for his client.

Bnoft, I just noticed we are neighbors. My boat is at Fred's. Always use Mark and Helen for winter haul out.

Chuck34...You are in luck!
We just had the survey completed on a boat that we are purchasing in ME. This fellow is so good, we had him flown from MD. He is in Solomons. His name is Mike Previti, owner of Previti Marine Surveyor and Consulting, Inc. He can be reached at 410-326-0866.

I came upon Mike through a gentleman I met working with the folks at Zimmermann Marine through their buyers program. Excellent program and folks. The gentleman the I have been working with is Haywood May. He provided me several names of surveyors. I asked each of them to provide me an example of their work (completed survey findings and recommendations) and Mike's blew the others away. The extent of detail was incredible. I understand that Mike is probably one of the top 3 on the east coast. a No "BS" guy.
I suggest you give him a call and see what you think...he is very busy, be forewarned. Feel free to PM me with any questions.
Good Luck!
Dmooch

Thanks dmooch. Good to know, but I ended up buying a different boat and it was surveyed 2 months ago.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom