New guy lurking about

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JimMurphy

Greetings. I've run across TF a few times and found it again while researching Endeavour Trawler Cats and figured it was time to join.

My longtime girlfriend and I having been looking at the 44 Trawler Cats since we were first introduced to one earlier this year. We do not currently own a boat. I grew up on the Hudson River and my Dad had a few boats when I was a kid. Then I spent a couple decades in the Navy but most of my sea time was on subs. Anyway, I have always been interested in trawlers and our plan is to do the Loop when we retire (hopefully sooner rather than later) and very possibly live on a boat before and after the Loop.

I'm very curious on the fuel burn of the Endeavour 44. The broker we know said the owners of one for sale reported "about 3 gallons per hour." That particular boat is equipped with the 315hp Yanmars. I wasn't smart enough to ask if that meant total or per motor. And everything I've found searching online is from folks with the 240hp motors.

Any and all advice/information is appreciated. I've learned a lot already reading the various threads.

All the best,
Jim

Hi Jim, that fuel burn would be combined. We haven't had ours long enough to confirm, but all I have been told is 3 - 4 gal an hour running 8 to 10 knots. As I mentioned when we messaged each other, we have the 240hp turbo Yanmars.

You will love how maneuverable they are!

Scott

Welcome Jim.

I believe that is about right or close to it for fuel burn. I believe that is what my friend gets running the same power plants on a 45 footer.

Cheers.

H.

Thanks, Scott. I'm sure you are spot on. I've heard only good things about Endeavour.

Thank you, H. I figure most of the time I would be doing 7 knots to nowhere and wouldn't burn much.

Back
Top Bottom