Finally On Our Way!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

David Rive

Vessel Name
currently boatless
After a long drive down from Toronto, and several really exhausting days in the south Georgia heat and humidity, cleaning launching and provisioning Loons Nest, we are finally on our way. :speed boat: Right now in Jacksonville, we will follow the ICW down to Stuart, then cross Okeechobee to Fort Myers. That will be home base for October while we explore the Gulf. Then maybe the Keys.... who knows? :)

David & Maria

It is always a great day to get back on the water Mate. Best of luck to you and your and enjoy!

Cheers.

H.

Where in JAX, and when do you leave?

Have a great trip!

When will the Keys be cruisable again?

Have a great trip!!! I've got a year or so left on the cube-farm.....:mad:

Have a great trip!

When will the Keys be cruisable again?

Very good question. When will Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands?

Anxious to visit the Key West when it reopens as their economy depends on visitors.

When you say "the Keys" that's a broad area. Key West is hit hardest. However, come of the northern keys are likely to open sooner and not far timewise from doing so. Marinas in Largo are open, at least two in Marathon are. Three in Tavanier are open.

We will probably stick to The middle and upper Keys. Lower Keys are going to need a bit longer to recover I suspect.

We will probably stick to The middle and upper Keys. Lower Keys are going to need a bit longer to recover I suspect.

Yes, multiple factors. Even where you are, St. Augustine Municipal is a mess. Recovery on land and of marinas depends heavily on ownership and funding. Look at Fernandina Beach which hasn't fully recovered from Matthew as funding is being debated.

I think we'll see a significant change in Key West and a good many, especially poor, fleeing. We're definitely going to see it in Puerto Rico with moving to the mainland US.

PM me when you get close to Fort Myers. Be glad to help with marinas, restaurants, whatever.

Have a great trip David and Maria. Hope to see you again in February at the SE TF gathering in Fort Pierce.

Dave and Maria,

It must feel great to be cruising again. How fast are you planning on making Stuart? I'll probably miss you, but plan to be on the boat at FPCM most of next week. Hope to see you then or in February. Have a great trip.

"When will the Keys be cruisable again?"

If you don't require a marina , there probably great tight now!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom