Greetings From Old Hickory Lake in TN

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sparks5501

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Roundabout
Vessel Make
2000 Donzi Z275
:)Hi, Everyone,

We are Heather and Mack McIntosh. We bought a power boat about 6 months ago and have been slowly fixing it up. The hull and the motor are in mint condition, but we had to refurbish the interior. We ended up tearing out all of the wood due to rot from leaking potholes and replacing everything with Starboard. All of the vinyl cleaned up very well thanks to a tip I got from my boat mechanic. Awesome Cleaner and Magic Erasers work wonders on mold, mildew and scuff marks.

We have been looking into doing the Great Loop in Sections. Since our boat only has a 100 gal gas tank, our range is limited, but we are trailerable and can move from one place to another via water or roads.

I am looking forward to learning the ins and outs of looping and cruising.

Welcome. We're at Pickwick Lake, headed to Nashville, then Old Hickory Lake. We'll probably be there in August. We'll look you up.

Paul & Lauren

Welcome to TF . We're at Paris Landing on TN River.

Welcome. We're at Pickwick Lake, headed to Nashville, then Old Hickory Lake. We'll probably be there in August. We'll look you up.

Paul & Lauren
Where do you guys live?. It would be fun to get together. [emoji3]

Where do you guys live?. It would be fun to get together. [emoji3]

Our home is Cypress, Texas. Home marina is at Seabrook, Texas. We plan to leave Pickwick on August 14 or 15 for Nashville, then Old Hickory. Would love to connect along the way. Shoot me a PM and we'll see if our schedules work.

Last edited:
Welcome Sparks.

I hope you have a radio!:thumb: :rofl:

Cheers Mate.

H

Welcome to TF . We're at Paris Landing on TN River.
Hey there, looking to connect with some forum peeps. Where is paris Landing? Thinking about the tn-tombigbee rivers to start our new adventure.

Paul & Lauren
Do you head back to tx then? What is your favorite cruise area?

Hey there, looking to connect with some forum peeps. Where is paris Landing? Thinking about the tn-tombigbee rivers to start our new adventure.

Paris Landing is on Kentucky Lake, upriver from Pickwick Lake. It's a nice marina. Where would you be coming from?

Do you head back to tx then? What is your favorite cruise area?

We're in Nashville now (just arrived about an hour ago). We'll go to Old Hickory Lake this weekend, then explore for a while and by mid October be heading back to Pickwick Lake. We'll spend the winter there, and in the spring explore the Tennessee toward Chattanooga and Knoxville.

Not sure when we'll get back to Texas. Our present thinking is to head to Florida for winter of 2018/2019. But, who knows? So far we love the inland rivers.

Paul

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom