Favorite Boat Themed Song

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
All I got was a series of avacado oil commercials.

Well if we're going to get all crude and lusty and pirate-y...
Today being International "Talk Like a Pirate" Day(tomorrow for those a day behind), so quite appropriate. Arrrrrrrr...!

Depending on my mood and the sea state

When the going gets the tough:
"Protectors of the Earth" and "Strength of a Thousand Men" by Two Steps from Hell
Here's an example: https://dauntless.smugmug.com/Videos-of-Dauntless-Atlantic/i-4XPgfpT/A

In more sedate times, most anything my Berlioz or Dvorak or Agnes Obel (a modern Danish composer, player)

Boat songs

Vahevala by Loggins and Messina
And Jolly Roger by Roger McQuinn...ultimate pirate song!

Family list of boat names by music-
Bali hai
Aqualung
Wanderer and wanderer II
Barefootin theme song for barefoot key
Julia
Floridaze

Roger Whitaker??

Huh, I never heard that one before. Good timing, we have two or three weeks before they pull Xanadu and it sits in the yard on jack stands for six months. Just not right. Always sad. Seems like we launched it yesterday and the season is already over.

"I am the very model of a modern major-general..."

"I am the very model of a modern major-general..."

We go from Barnacle Bill to Gilbert and Sullivan. I think I may have a case of aesthetic whiplash.

Oh, I forgot Downeaster Alexa, which often chokes me up missing Long Island Sound. That's a good one too.

https://youtu.be/LVlDSzbrH5M

And then there's anything Carly Simon sang at her live concert at Martha's Vineyard in 1987, but those aren't really boat songs per se.
WOW! I just got a new favorite. The video didn't hurt ?

I can't wait to compile the best of these into an iPod group. I am on a f%÷$n boat won't be in the mix.

I like John Denver. Calypso

Depending on my mood and the sea state

When the going gets the tough:
"Protectors of the Earth" and "Strength of a Thousand Men" by Two Steps from Hell
Here's an example: https://dauntless.smugmug.com/Videos-of-Dauntless-Atlantic/i-4XPgfpT/A

In more sedate times, most anything my Berlioz or Dvorak or Agnes Obel (a modern Danish composer, player)

Hi,

Cool video, at night surely worse when you can not see the horizon.

The music of great power affects the mind of the field and emotions. I can slightly imagine the idea alone far away somewhere in the ocean a gray dark day, to gain the strength and positivity of suitable music.

NBs

Much of the sound track of Victory at Sea, but especially "Beneath the Southern Cross," also known as "No Other Love Have I" from Annie Get Your Gun.

Gordon Bok has a wonderful album called "North Wind Clearing: Songs of the Maine Coast" which has several wonderful maritime songs but my all time favorite of his is songs is "The Wreck of the Green Cove" which ironically is on his album named "Return to the land"

One particular harbor
Barometer soup
--Jimmy Buffet
Where the boat leaves from
--Zac Brown Band

Last edited:
Not so much for a boat, but for the whole BC coast.

Unofficial anthem for Douglas Channel Watch :thumb:

Luke Wallace, "I am not lost" from the "The Kitimat LP"

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom