How to change coolant in an Onan 20kw generator ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dune

Vessel Make
Viking 65 CP MY (run at trawler speeds !)
Model 20MDL4B, vintage 1993. Do you pump old coolant out with self priming electric pump via tube on the pump placed in the top of the radiator ....or..?

If pump, any suggestions for a pump I might find locally ?

Model 20MDL4B, vintage 1993. Do you pump old coolant out with self priming electric pump via tube on the pump placed in the top of the radiator ....or..?

If pump, any suggestions for a pump I might find locally ?

There's usually a drain plug on the engine block, it can be opened normally with out un bolting any thing, if you cant find this on the block consider removal of the lowest coolant hose to drain,

Running an engine flush through the system is a good idea if the coolant has not been changed for a few years (over) , a lot of people dont realize that old coolant actually turns acidic at some point and starts to eat internal Aluminium parts

Cheers Steve

The little tap/valve should be right below your injection pump , if your engine is the Kubota Model V 1903-BG-E Engine, looking at the engine on your left side under the injection pump

Cheers Steve

My MDL3 has a Cummings engine and a block drain. I installed a 1/4 turn valve and hose connection where the plug was...

Lepke,

Yep, bless there hearts and souls at Kubota they actually (depending on year) come supplied with the small pet cock already installed

Cheers Steve

Back
Top Bottom