View Single Post
Old 09-12-2017, 08:15 PM   #18
Edelweiss
Guru

City: PNW
Vessel Model: 1976 Californian Tricabin LRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by FryQ View Post
It has two fuel tanks (with a HORRIBLY designed way of filling them, and no way of doing a proper sounding that i've been able to discover). It also has a Volvo Penta 2 cylinder generator (I cant prove its OE, cant prove its not...).

I've noticed you seem to be the Go2Guy for Cali's (I've been lurking for months now)...so I will happily accept your offer of help as needed.
My guess is the Volvo Genny was aftermarket. Onan 7.5 MDJE was the standard in 37's at that time. If you have an electric 3 burner Princess stove, then most likely the Volvo replaced the Onan.

From what I can see in your pics, you have the factory optional aluminum mast with hinged step, bow pulpit and railing around the top of the aft cabin. I would say the original owner ordered it with some options.

All the 38' and 42' owners on here have similar enough boats to help you. 37, 38 and 42' are all essentially the same boat, just stretched a little. Even 34' owners can help with some systems, engines, that were the same. It might be helpful for you to post directly on the Californian section, if you have Californian specific questions to get the most reads by Cali owners. Too many posts on here to read them all, so I often just scan sections that may interest me.

Would love to see some interior pics when you have a chance.

Yes, feel free to PM me any time.