Hurricane Irma

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Got her moved to Grande Dunes! Looks like a well protected marina. I'm so lucky. I literally got the last slip.

Looks like Irma is going further west, so I'm sure Myrtle Beach isn't going to get hit that hard.

Thanks for everyone's help! If it wasn't for you guys, I would probably be leaving it anchored in a river somewhere and hoping for the best.

Good luck everyone!
https://flic.kr/p/YfcUQb

https://flic.kr/p/YwQTic

YfcUQb

Last edited:
I agree Kevin. Most urbanites are very helpless. Not all, but most. If there ever is a REAL crisis - nuclear war, the zombie apocalypse, whatever, the city dwellers are toast.

David

I agree Kevin. Most urbanites are very helpless. Not all, but most. If there ever is a REAL crisis - nuclear war, the zombie apocalypse, whatever, the city dwellers are toast.

David

They will be the Zombies :mad:

I was just looking...Fema has some really good guides and recomendations for preparing your home to survive a hurricane. Common sense stuff.

I tell people that two weeks without food and water and they will be barbecuing each other.

My brothers family with 3 high schoolers refuses to leave Ft. Lauderdale.
And I don't blame them. They live in Plantation in a brick single story home.

The roads are jammed with panicking drivers and hardly flowing, and their cars are running out of gas and they are in miserable heat. What happens if they are stuck on the highway when Irma hits?

Irma is going from south to north and path is going to follow the interstate roads all the way up Florida..

Traffic jam nightmares as Irma nears Florida | Fox News

The mayor of Houston was criticized for not ordering an evacuation of the city in the face of Harvey. One look at the Florida freeways explains his decision. Houston tried to evacuate in the face of Rita (or maybe it was Ike). Learned our lesson.

How Hurricane Rita anxiety led to the worst gridlock in Houston history - Houston Chronicle

It happens everywhere.

By the way, back in the 60's/70's my family had a 22' keelboat (sailboat). When our private marina said, "Get out", you were expected to leave - in fact you signed a form committing to leave. There was an extensive Hurricane Plan including pre-arranged slips at other marinas. It worked fairly well...not 100% but pretty well.
For the smaller boats like ours <5000 lbs, a big crawler crane was brought in. You brought your boat around and got in line. A crew pulled masts, labeled them and moved them up into the highest parking area. The boats were lifted and set down in the parking area, on their sides (no engines). You just slipped cushions or fenders under the boat as the crane laid them down...all lined up. Worked for years, until Ike with a 16' surge floated them. It wasn't for lack of preparation...the building hadn't been flooded in over 100 years. It got about 8' in Ike.

How Hurricane Rita anxiety led to the worst gridlock in Houston history - Houston Chronicle

It happens everywhere.

By the way, back in the 60's/70's my family had a 22' keelboat (sailboat). When our private marina said, "Get out", you were expected to leave - in fact you signed a form committing to leave. There was an extensive Hurricane Plan including pre-arranged slips at other marinas. It worked fairly well...not 100% but pretty well.
For the smaller boats like ours <5000 lbs, a big crawler crane was brought in. You brought your boat around and got in line. A crew pulled masts, labeled them and moved them up into the highest parking area. The boats were lifted and set down in the parking area, on their sides (no engines). You just slipped cushions or fenders under the boat as the crane laid them down...all lined up. Worked for years, until Ike with a 16' surge floated them. It wasn't for lack of preparation...the building hadn't been flooded in over 100 years. It got about 8' in Ike.

Rita was a fiasco, but a few years later, for Ike, it was much better. For two reasons. First, many refused to evacuate remembering the Rita fiasco, but second, the city and state did a much better job: reversed the lanes on freeways, had patrolling fuel trucks, tow trucks, etc.

If the information was all delivered in a information mode without emotion and without some emotional embellishment then for many it just wouldn't work. Each television station, each government official does it differently. I've studied Andrew and talked to many who were here and the most amazing aspect was the lack of deaths. People listened, largely listened to Bryan Norcross and you could see rubble after in Country Walk and people who rode it out there. I'm not seeing as much of what to do if you don't evacuate this time and that does bother me a bit but now on local media it's coming on more. I think now they are turning to advise those who are staying.

Is there such a thing as over-preparing? I don't know that there is. I didn't think the criticism of the Mayor of Houston not evacuating was justified nor do I think the criticism of the governors this time to warn people is justified. The point is saving lives and even if you believe some of them are politically motivated to not look bad, then that's in itself good if it saves lives. We have in this country an extremely low number of deaths in the worst natural disasters and that's a credit to the efforts of all.

Ultimately no one knows where it's going to hit. Yes, I think the reporters on Weather Channel are overly dramatic and less just strictly meteorologists than they should be but I also recognize the benefit in that. I believe ultimately it's beneficial. One thing also learned in the past is the need to declare states of emergency early and get the orders for help established as in some situations in the past governors have been too slow and the federal government can't mobilize help until requested from a governor.

Is it a perfect system? Far from it. But it still works pretty well. Then as to this particular hurricane, it's shown how destructive it can be, even without a direct hit. I look at the models as they change each day. Knowing the rate of normal error 4 and 5 days out, you really have two choices. Either more areas preparing than need to or fewer areas. I think I'd personally choose more areas.

Also what might appear as panic from some places doesn't so much here locally. Have people raided the stores of water and food they can eat without electricity? Yes. But that seems wise, not panic. Should people have been better prepared in advance? Yes, but many were not. We haven't panicked, we were prepared well in advance. We started preparing for this in 2012 when we moved here. But there are many who hadn't and they need to be helped and messages sent to them now.

I hope they don't wait too long to start reversing and telling people to find shelter not to head up the highways but seeing the crowds on the roads today, two days before it will hit most of our areas, doesn't concern me, instead makes me feel those who need to evacuate are doing so.

Should some be more prepared and knowledgeable? Of course but we're not all the same. A bit of obsessiveness made us well informed and prepared. But how many of you have ever checked the exact altitude and elevation of your home and checked history of surge in your location? Most haven't and to expect everyone to have done so isn't reasonable.

Look at the elderly in Florida, many with some level of disability. Then look at the population that wasn't here last time or wasn't even born for Andrew. Then Andrew can build a false sense of security too. It hit one area with incredible force but missed all others. That's nothing like Irma. Addressing it with just information might have worked well for some of us but for others dramatizing it is very necessary to get their attention.

We all have our own approaches too. If someone were to walk into this forum from a non-boating world, they'd look and say, "just look at those people worrying about their boats when lives are in danger or people's homes even? What kind of people are they?" Well, they're probably the same people worried about their family photo album or something Aunt Ethel gave them or the kitchen they just redecorated. I think though at the point it gets closer everyone starts to focus just on their lives. I heard someone ask a neighbor what was he going to do to protect his tennis court yesterday. The one with the tennis court just stared back and then politely said "nothing." He said to me after, "does he really think with a hurricane approaching I'm worried about my f..ing tennis court?" All the thoughts and actions won't be rational though.

One thing that has changed dramatically too is so much more media today. We see governors more, mayors more, FEMA more. People like knowing they're all involved. Yes, you also have stations competing for audiences too. No question that this is a ratings boon for Weather Channel, but then isn't this their purpose too? Just like catastrophes are major for all the news channels. So we see more of it than ever before. Careers are made and destroyed in events like this. Bryan Norcross saved his during Andrew. Al Michaels became known to many non-sports fans during the SF earthquake. But these are people who did a very professional job. If we lived in Connecticut, we didn't see it all for Andrew. Even recently we didn't see so much in advance of the hurricanes that hit Galveston. Is some of it fear mongering? I don't think so. I think it's trying to instill an appropriate amount of fear and action.

Now after it's over, I think we should allow criticism if it's aimed toward improvement. We're about to find out if the improvement in building codes after Andrew in South Florida has helped. In other areas we may find out they need improved codes. None of this helps the Hemingway House or much of old Key West but it's critical in rebuilding. I saw in South Texas a need for improved codes as they rebuild. That's not second guessing, that's learning.

Back to Donsan's post, I'm with psneeld. No one told those near Spartanburg to panic. The statements made, information given and individuals chose to panic. Two years ago when we were in Myrtle Beach during the storms that hit SC and NC, the mother of one of the girls with us called, concerned about her being there on the boat during the flood. Melissa said, "Mom, boats float. Remember Noah and his Ark?" I know the official words were to have food and water for at least three days. I'm sure some bought enough for three months. Well, that was personal reaction. But then it might even be good to make up for the neighbor who did nothing. I know we're better prepared than some of our neighbors. That will allow us to help them if our neighborhood gets hit hard. Evacuating too soon works better than too late.

I noticed the mention of family in Plantation. Well, there are some in Plantation who hit the roads evacuating. No one ever said for them to do so. The governor has repeatedly said, listen to your local authorities. We have members of our extended family in Plantation. They're new to FL and their NC family was panicked saying they should evacuate. They're actually working today. They have their house ready. But they said some neighbors had evacuated and left keys to their homes with them in case they got badly hit. They found humor that people were concerned their houses would get demolished and leaving keys.

Are there mistakes being made? Yes, and hopefully we'll learn from them, but I am not going to question the motives of anyone involved at this point, not even the politicians I generally deplore. I honestly believe that everyone is trying to do what they consider best in their roles. I'm watching a dramatization of storm surge right now. It's way over the top to those of us who actually understand surge. But we're a minority and for those who need warning, it is probably good.

Ultimately there will be far more people evacuated than necessary, far more help requested, far more people panicked than needed to be, but that's so much better than far less. I'm more worried about those on the FL west coast who thought only those on the East Coast needed to worry.

Kevin

Lots to be said for your comments. But, natural disasters are unfortunately common place. We make choices on where we live based on many things. One is employment. But once we retire and or have some financial independence, questions such as tornadoes, floods, hurricanes, fires, earthquakes and termites invade our thinking as to residence selection.

To that end, we nixed several places for a primary retirement residence including FL. But a tsunami could nail us while we are anchored. With safe havens rare, preparations as you suggest are a good idea. Eventually mind numbing too.

The entire US east coast is shaped and sand strewn for a reason, tens of thousands of hurricanes for starters. These events will only get worse as populations and water recreation increase.

First off there is zero chance that anybody that thinks ahead would ever buy a house in an area that cold be storm surge flooded.

While I think your rant as a whole is revisionist history where storms in olden times and country folk killed far more people than similar storms do today, but this one comment is one I feel most needs to be addressed.

So are you saying don't buy a home in any area potentially flooded or any area subject to out of control fires or any area with earthquakes or any area with tornadoes or any area with bitter winters and snow storms and blizzards or any area where it's dark half the year or just where does it stop?

What about Houston? It was flooding, not storm surge? So no more homes in New Jersey or New York City as Sandy hit there?

By your definition no one should live in the Keys, yet there are homes there that have weathered conditions since the 1800's. The audacity to attack those who live in Florida, who live in Puerto Rico, who live in St. Maarten or St. Martin and say no one who thought ahead would live in any of those places.

If you apply your criteria throughout the world then not many places left to live as I don't know any immune to natural disaster and if they are then there's man made disaster. Don't turn this on the victim.

As to preparation, you have no idea how prepared or unprepared people here are as you've not been here. Most have prepared, but that doesn't mean a CAT 5 or CAT 4 even doesn't present issues.

This whole preparation thing, or lack there of is difficult to understand.

It's stupid for example that people line up at Home Depot to buy plywood for their windows the week a hurricane is going to hit.

It's stupid that they are clearing the shelves of food.

It's stupid and proof that people are stupid that there is mass panic right now.

How about preparing for things like this? How about making personal choices to prepare?

I have talked to several friends and customers this week about this subject and everybody is amazed at the utter lack of thinking ahead that people do.

First off there is zero chance that anybody that thinks ahead would ever buy a house in an area that cold be storm surge flooded.

Anybody that thinks ahead would have hurricane covers for their windows. Shutters, or plywood, pre cut and marked with the window name.

Anybody that thinks ahead would have water stashed, and food, and a generator, and fuel, the list goes on...

Seems to me that the primary responsibility of an adult(s) is the protection of their family. I cannot imagine failing at that responsibility.

Modern men and women have lost their survival skills. No modern urban men and women have lost their survival skills. Lots of country folk are prepared. They build their houses on a hill. They stock the pantry. They know a storm is coming and can weather it out...Just like country folks have always done.

Kevin,

A very idealistic view, and totally unpractical. If we avoided all natural disasters, we would have to live on the moon.... and even it has issues.

We chose which give us the most benefit for our lives. We prepare for the worst and hope for the best, and life goes on. I'm totally happy with my Florida choice.... I prefer hurricanes and tornados to earthquakes and show storms.

We just need to make choice that fit our needs and safety levels. And personally, I wish the govt would butt out, and they often screw things up.

Ultimately there will be far more people evacuated than necessary, far more help requested, far more people panicked than needed to be, but that's so much better than far less. I'm more worried about those on the FL west coast who thought only those on the East Coast needed to worry.

BandB,

Love your posts and your good at them and certainly have enough time to devote to some good ones.

Thx for thinking of us Fl west coasters, but believe most of the folks here are well aware of the risks.

My goal was to prep everything and make a choice on Saturday to bail to stay. And that solely would be based on surge.

My airplane, based at St. Pete International, is 6 ft MSL and a surge would kill it. It's loaded with fuel, and checked over ready to go... which could have easily been done as late as Sun morn.

However, our Pinellas County Commissioners thought it would be wise to shut down the airport, with very little notice, depriving all of the pilot, and passengers from their evacuation route. The gates were actually padlocked at 11am this morning and the cops were there ushering pilots out. Most of us were livid, but cannot get anyone to change things... they won't even answer their phones! All the surrounding airports are open... most of them thru Saturday. (Another battle to fight in the future)

So, now, I'm planning to stay, and if things work out as forecast, I should be ok with perhaps 40kt winds with a few gusts Sunday night thru Mon morning. Boats are mostly secure, all the canvas, etc., off, and I'm going to throw a few more lines on when the tide goes down a bit. House is in good shape, and I've got tons of food, water, and gas... and a generator.

Good luck to all of the folks here in FL, but BandB, looks like you're still in a potentially tough area.

"However, our Pinellas County Commissioners thought it would be wise to shut down the airport, with very little notice, depriving all of the pilot, and passengers from their evacuation route"

Looks like decent notice on the sites....

09/06/2017 - Due to mandatory evacuation, PIE airport to close Friday 9/8 at 11:00 AM until further notice
Pinellas County issued a mandatory evacuation of Flood Zone A due to Hurricane Irma. PIE will close Friday, 9/8 at 11:00 AM. Contact airlines for flight information. Updates will be provided when the evacuation order is lifted. Thank you.

A friend of mine who has never been through a hurricane headed from Miami to Punta Gorda. The damn thing moved west do now he is headed to Tallahassee. I think when he gets to Tallahassee he should turn left and keep going.

Hurricane Cat. Hideing between shutters and window.

Attachments

• IMG_1215.jpg
    IMG_1215.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 71
I talked to a friend in Houston during the middle of the Harvey flooding. I was concerned for him so I reached out.

He told me he was fine, that his house is on a couple of acres on a hill. He said it's an old house, and he has watched what he called idiots building below him for a couple of decades. In places that he knew would probably flood someday.

Well someday came and they got flooded.

That's what I mean by preparing. You don't have to not live in a certain geographical area to be prepared. You just have to be conscious of the lay of the land.
If you're going to live in an area that prone to flooding from storm surge, or flooding for any other reason, you should think about that. Either choose not to live there or have a house that is prepared the weather out the storm.

As far as my other comment about preparedness, I stand by that 100%. People make choices. Most here seem to be prepared. Many across our nation are not prepared to even eat for more than a day or two if something happens.

I do not live in a hurricane zone. But I do live in an earthquake zone probably the worst in the nation.
Here in Alaska, we also face cold and blizzard and storms just of a difference nature then folks in warmer climates.

But I'm prepared for that. I have a house built specifically to survive earthquakes. I have back up power generation. I have a pantry full of food. I even have wood to put in the woodstoves that would keep us warm for winter.

I am not the best at preparing. I know people that have much more than me. That are better prepared. But again I feel that my responsibility as the head of my household to ensure my familys survival. That's not being idealistic, that's just being practical.

So yes it pains me to see people rushing to the store to stock up for an event that They've known all along could and probably would happen.

We go to the grocery store before major storm as well, we buy lettuce and tomatoes and other fresh food. Stuff we may not be able to get for a week if we're snowed in. But if the storm hit sooner than we thought and we couldn't get to the store we would be just fine.

Last edited:
This whole preparation thing, or lack there of is difficult to understand.

It's stupid for example that people line up at Home Depot to buy plywood for their windows the week a hurricane is going to hit.

It's stupid that they are clearing the shelves of food.

It's stupid and proof that people are stupid that there is mass panic right now.

How about preparing for things like this? How about making personal choices to prepare?

I have talked to several friends and customers this week about this subject and everybody is amazed at the utter lack of thinking ahead that people do.

Anybody that thinks ahead would have hurricane covers for their windows. Shutters, or plywood, pre cut and marked with the window name.

Anybody that thinks ahead would have water stashed, and food, and a generator, and fuel, the list goes on...

Seems to me that the primary responsibility of an adult(s) is the protection of their family. I cannot imagine failing at that responsibility.

Modern men and women have lost their survival skills. No modern urban men and women have lost their survival skills. Lots of country folk are prepared. They build their houses on a hill. They stock the pantry. They know a storm is coming and can weather it out...Just like country folks have always done.

But wait a minute. Aren't you pretty much at the epicenter of the largest earthquake ever recorded?

"However, our Pinellas County Commissioners thought it would be wise to shut down the airport, with very little notice, depriving all of the pilot, and passengers from their evacuation route"

Looks like decent notice on the sites....

09/06/2017 - Due to mandatory evacuation, PIE airport to close Friday 9/8 at 11:00 AM until further notice
Pinellas County issued a mandatory evacuation of Flood Zone A due to Hurricane Irma. PIE will close Friday, 9/8 at 11:00 AM. Contact airlines for flight information. Updates will be provided when the evacuation order is lifted. Thank you.

Smitty,

I didn't get that notice... found out by accident. And still can't find that notice on their web site. And they could have notified all the tenants by email, but didn't.

But they really don't need to shut it down prematurely by two days. That leaves thousands that could have flown out. Last storm they left it open the whole time. And commissioners made that decision, not knowledgable folks. Most have no clue how an airport runs.

Their decision would be similar to someone locking a marina or port down, with chains and cops allowing no one in or out.... stupid.

Last edited:
Yep. In a house built to survive Earthquakes With backup plans in place. With two diesel generators, and fuel, and wood.

Prepared.

Like allot of folks in Florida. Not all, but allot are prepared.

The media tends to highlight the unprepared, but a lot of good people are and have been ready for this

The media tends to highlight the unprepared, but a lot of good people are and have been ready for this

Well, yes, because they're the ones who need help.

You said yourself you go to the grocery store so I don't see the problem with all the people here who went to grocery stores. Some who went were already well prepared but wanted fresh produce and more of some other things. Others were completely unprepared before but they are ok now.

We sold over 4500 solar phone chargers. I guess technically you could say all those people should have already owned them, but they didn't. However, they were readily available. A lot of people bought additional cell phones. I'm sure we'll experience record numbers of returns a week from now and have no idea what we'll do with all those phones. Glad it's not my job to figure it out.

The media also highlights risks. That's their job. There's no sense in them announcing, "All this could be wrong and you might not get any of the hurricane on Palm Beach."

Smitty,

I didn't get that notice... found out by accident. And still can't find that notice on their web site. And they could have notified all the tenants by email, but didn't.

But they really don't need to shut it down prematurely by two days. That leaves thousands that could have flown out. Last storm they left it open the whole time. And commissioners made that decision, not knowledgable folks. Most have no clue how an airport runs.

Their decision would be similar to someone locking a marina or port down, with chains and cops allowing no one in or out.... stupid.

I do not know anything about the airport - I used what was in your post and googled "tampa St pete airport"
- clicked on the first hit
- clicked on "news and media"

There it was....

Question:

About how long will 8 new AGM 6 volt batteries on a Magnum Inverter keep a Norcold double door refrigerator/freezer going if it is the only 110v load?

Would it be better to run the refer off 12 volts instead?

We are in Riviera Dunes Marina in Palmetto...south of Tampa Bay...and just found out that they cutting power at noon tomorrow. Not being kicked out per se. Can run the genny and stay if we wish.

Torn on a bunch of stuff discussed.

Photos showed how unprepared a large number of people are....in all areas of preparation.

Kevin's correct that 4x8 sheets of plywood at the last minute seems silly if you live in Florida. Once gone, the next shipment isnt coming tomorrow.

Buying a solar cell phone charger is smart for some but not a requirement for either survival nor the only way to charge a cel phone....will be interesting to see how good service remains throughout the crisis.

Sure people are going to live and work in flood areas. Most every major eastern city is located on the water from olden times....and residents past and present sort of dont have a choice. If their stuff is destroyed, probably how/why some insurance was created.

But being better prepared for hurricanes or winter storms or riots, etc.... is really a frame of mind. Either you worry ahead a bit or panic at the last minutr or fail to do what you coulda shoulda outright.

Like most generalizations .....on both sides.....

Unfortunately for a lot of people the models have consolidated and GFS has joined the Euro model in moving west. This adds surge and wind to the west coast and central Florida, but it really doesn't ease the expected winds for the east coast. It may lighten the east coast surge a little. Places like Naples and Fort Myers with some very bad surge, significantly worse than the east coast, comparable now to Key West and the area south of Miami.

It's typical for models to consolidate as you get within two or three days. Now, while they're pretty consistent until the storm leaves Florida, they still go in all directions at that point. They go a bit west to NE Alabama and NW Georgia but then they go in all directions including one model that even has it loop.

I saw somebody interviewed in Miami Beach who intends to stay. They were confident their one story cement block bungalow with its metal window coverings would survive the storm. It was right across the street from a beach.

How high is the storm surge supposed to be? :facepalm:

I'm in Florida on the east coast. I'll be staying through the storm with my elderly parents, also on the coast. It's going to be a rough ride, but I believe we will be alright. Their house survived Frances and Jean in 2004.
The jog to the west has reduced the chance of VERY severe wind, but there's still a chance. Everything is bordered up and/or stored away safely. I also spent quite a bit of time prepping where I work. Good thoughts and vibes to everyone in the path of this storm.

I saw somebody interviewed in Miami Beach who intends to stay. They were confident their one story cement block bungalow with its metal window coverings would survive the storm. It was right across the street from a beach.

How high is the storm surge supposed to be? :facepalm:

Not as high as it was supposed to be earlier. On the ICW side, 1 to 3'. On the ocean side, 3 to 6'. Cement block with steel reinforcement is the build of choice. Their bungalow might be lousy, but it might actually be at 150 mph code. Our house and all around us are concrete block. We didn't recognize that at first when we looked here.

TS by the time it gets up here based on the latest track. Let's see if it stays going west instead of any north in the 8pm intermediary.

I talked to a friend in Houston during the middle of the Harvey flooding. I was concerned for him so I reached out.

He told me he was fine, that his house is on a couple of acres on a hill. He said it's an old house, and he has watched what he called idiots building below him for a couple of decades. In places that he knew would probably flood someday.

Well someday came and they got flooded.

That's what I mean by preparing. You don't have to not live in a certain geographical area to be prepared. You just have to be conscious of the lay of the land.
If you're going to live in an area that prone to flooding from storm surge, or flooding for any other reason, you should think about that. Either choose not to live there or have a house that is prepared the weather out the storm.

As far as my other comment about preparedness, I stand by that 100%. People make choices. Most here seem to be prepared. Many across our nation are not prepared to even eat for more than a day or two if something happens.

I do not live in a hurricane zone. But I do live in an earthquake zone probably the worst in the nation.
Here in Alaska, we also face cold and blizzard and storms just of a difference nature then folks in warmer climates.

But I'm prepared for that. I have a house built specifically to survive earthquakes. I have back up power generation. I have a pantry full of food. I even have wood to put in the woodstoves that would keep us warm for winter.

I am not the best at preparing. I know people that have much more than me. That are better prepared. But again I feel that my responsibility as the head of my household to ensure my familys survival. That's not being idealistic, that's just being practical.

So yes it pains me to see people rushing to the store to stock up for an event that They've known all along could and probably would happen.

We go to the grocery store before major storm as well, we buy lettuce and tomatoes and other fresh food. Stuff we may not be able to get for a week if we're snowed in. But if the storm hit sooner than we thought and we couldn't get to the store we would be just fine.

I am 100% with you on this. I'm prepared for any likely event here. Right now it's fire. Preparations started years ago. Some people don't get it, but it just doesn't occur to them. But the standing joke with our friends is if the spam hits the fan,
they're coming here.
As to cell phones- good luck with that after a hurricane. Gotta keep the land line.

leeman

Smitty,

I'm a GA and commercial pilot. That is absolutely unreal that they closed the airport like that. I get shutting the tower down, but closing the airport and holding all of those planes is unreal. I'd be calling your local FSBO immidiatly. Obviously there's nothing unsafe at the moment, so maybe there's a way they can legally open the airport long enough to let you guys get out of there.

Back
Top Bottom