Question following Hurricane Harvey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AussieCraig

Vessel Name
The Salty Swallow - named by wife
Vessel Make
Private builder - 50' Trawler
Well our boat made it through Harvey, in Rockport, with minimal damage. Thank the gods...

Now I have no doubt this wont be the last major storm we encounter and I was wondering - do you know of any books, websites or just tips on preparing and weathering major events ?

She is moored in a harbor and we had her double roped at all points, centered in her berth with all possible bumpers etc. It worked but only because there was no major storm surge (10' was predicated) to carry her up on to land - I expected her to take docks and all with her.

Advice/links greatly appreciated ! All the best of luck to those in Irma's path...

Well our boat made it through Harvey, in Rockport, with minimal damage. Thank the gods...

Now I have no doubt this wont be the last major storm we encounter and I was wondering - do you know of any books, websites or just tips on preparing and weathering major events ?

She is moored in a harbor and we had her double roped at all points, centered in her berth with all possible bumpers etc. It worked but only because there was no major storm surge (10' was predicated) to carry her up on to land - I expected her to take docks and all with her.

Advice/links greatly appreciated ! All the best of luck to those in Irma's path...

Was it a floating or fixed dock?

Floating would have done just as it did, even with surge, as long as piling is tall enough.

Glad your boat was ok. Our observations were that the boats in the water did better than those on land and better than the houses.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom