Houston Texas Marine Surveyor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gypsyjon

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
TRIBE OF G
Vessel Make
ACADIA 32
Can anyone recommend a good, detailed and honest marine surveyor in the Houston area?

Some one who YOU have used, not someone you have just heard about.

Thanks.

No this is not a joke. I put a deposit on a boat there prior to Harvey which was accepted and I have until Sept 27 to complete a survey. I am serious as a heart attack.

No this is not a joke. I put a deposit on a boat there prior to Harvey which was accepted and I have until Sept 27 to complete a survey. I am serious as a heart attack.

Have you checked the boat since Harvey?

I am told that it is OK. It was tied to a floating dock with extra lines fenders and chafing gear.

Who ever you talk to as a Marine Surveyor ask minimum of this

1) What is there experience with small craft Pre Sale surveys and explicitly with your purchase vessel or type of

2) What Surveyors Society do they belong to and are they a current member as well as there ranking in that society (ie: Full Member/Associate Member etc)

3) Do they have/ carry current P&I insurance (Professional Indemnity Liability Insurance)

https://www.iims.org.uk/

Cheers Steve (MIIMS Surveyor) Lloyd's Maritime

Suspect most Texas surveyors are loaded up with insurance issues for the near future.

You could also request for an extension due the. Um recent unpleasantness.

Surveyors may not be too busy yet as ins co's are notoriously slow to get the ball rolling. Getting a haulout may be a big challenge.

Another good word for Roy Newberry. I have used him several times.

Drake Epple is also very good and I have used him too.

Drake Epple – SAMS® Accredited Marine Surveyor 2000
Perry’s Marine Survey
PO Box 1353
Kemah, TX 77565, USA

(281) 474-5273

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom