Greetings from Onward

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GuyEWood

Vessel Name
Onward
Vessel Make
Nordhavn 40
Greetings --

I'm happy to be aboard and looking forward to sharing and learning here.

My wife and I cruise full-time aboard our Nordhavn 40 (N4030), Onward.

We've done a few thousand miles over the past two-plus years on the east coast of Florida, the gulf coast from Florida to Louisiana, and a few of the inland rivers in Alabama, Mississippi, and Tennessee.

Our most immediate plans -- if you can call them that; things are always changing -- are to head to the Florida Keys this coming winter and then work our way up the east coast and eventually cruise around Nova Scotia and Newfoundland. The Downeast Circle sounds like a fun trip with a finish line.

Best wishes to all!

Onward...
-- Guy

Welcome. Nice boat and some nice experience you have to share.

Welcome Onward team to here to discuss and bring forward views on boating issues. You have an interesting "ship" to reach adventures anywhere.

Regards
NBs

Guy, welcome to TF. We have a longstanding rule here: If your posts don't come with pictures, it didn't happen.

Really, we just like to see pics of people's boats, where they go boating and pics of them using their boats.

Welcome aboard.

Many Thanks to All

Many thanks to all for your kind welcomes.

We're glad to be aboard, and once I figure out how to insert photos into the body of these messages I'll make things real :socool:

Onward...
-- Guy

Welcome aboard Guy! I think you'll not be able to post pictures until you have made ten posts. Don't get frustrated trying.

A little word of advise, don't ask about anchors! You'll start a thread that never ends. The only thing you'll learn is that your anchor is too small, it's the wrong kind and you don't have enough chain.

Thank you, Parks

Greetings, Parks!

Thank you for the info and the excellent tip about anchor discussions!

That's hilarious...not to mention right on the mark from what I've seen in other forum discussions about anchors, gas vs. diesel, single vs. dual, planing vs. displacement, etc., etc., etc. :rofl:

Onward!
-- Guy

Guy, the other topic to avoid is guns. Your gun is too small, it's the wrong kind, and you don't have enough ammunition. That does not apply to Mark. You'll meet Mark soon. He has the prettiest boat on the forum and it has a cannon.

Guy, the other topic to avoid is guns. Your gun is too small, it's the wrong kind, and you don't have enough ammunition. That does not apply to Mark. You'll meet Mark soon. He has the prettiest boat on the forum and it has a cannon.

Wish I could post more photos. With Photoshop recently requiring $400 dollars a year to share photos and TF banning Photoshop photos, I'm stuck. Also, haven't even been able to post the few photos stored in my computer. A time-consuming search of my past postings will illustrate/confirm Hopcar's message.

The cannon is ten gauge, using black-powder shells, which make loud noise and lots of smoke.

Last edited:
Thanks to HopCar and Mark

Many thanks to both of you, HopCar and Mark!

I appreciate the sound advice and will avoid the NO GO topics.

Man, now I'm wondering what to talk about :)

Onward!
-- Guy

Welcome Mate.

Cheers.

H.

Thank you, H. (hfoster)!

Cheers...
-- Guy

Don't you think we'd better find out what kind of anchor he has before letting him in? ;>)

Don't you think we'd better find out what kind of anchor he has before letting him in? ;>)

We already know it's too small and the wrong kind, just like yours and mine.

@JustBob and HopCar

LOL!

You know that's right. I'm a proud member of the "Wrong Anchor" club.

Cheers Guy!

Glad to see another cruiser onboard! Will enjoy following your travels, please do share!

Crusty

Back
Top Bottom