View Single Post
Old 08-29-2017, 07:09 AM   #1
JeffHahn15

City: Arlington
New Member... New Life

Good Morning All,
My name is Jeff, and I and my girlfriend are planning to retire next year from the DC area after 28 years in the military, and an additional 5 years working as a contractor at the Pentagon. We spent a couple years living in our 40ft Monaco motorcoach before moving to DC, and have decided to sell everything and purchase a boat to live aboard come September 2018. We had started looking at the Catamarans (owner not charter) when someone mentioned looking at Trawlers, we do not sail so it would have been a power catamaran. I have owned boats in the past, the last one being a 30ft Maxum sport yacht that I lived on for about 6 months between deployments. We (Sherri my girlfriend) have decided on the Caribbean or Belize as a home base as we both love to dive, and she hates the cold.
I’m new to the Trawler way of life, so any suggestions (size, make, model, equiptment) or insight would be greatly appreciated. We have already sold everything except our Jeep and will be ready to purchase something in the next 12 months.
Again Thank You for your time and insight!!!

Jef
JeffHahn15 is offline   Reply With Quote