The Adventure Begins

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So on inboards transoms dont do so much. Well other than keep water out and provide support for the swim platform. If it were me, I would fill it with penetrating epoxy and then let the surveyor tap till the cows come home.

"The Admiral was crazy excited. All her fears about "biggness" were settled."

Get the admiral immediately involved in making it fit aesthetically. It will let her become vested and have ownership pride just as your scraped knuckles will give you. :)

Got her home

Hi All,

I'll conclude my posts about "the adventure begins" with the trip home story.
We got the keys Saturday morning, met the PO, (nice guy), loaded her up for the trip home and went to the fuel dock (my first landing) and got 80 gallons of diesel. Then found our way to the guest dock where we spent the night (second landing). Thought I'd open the engine room up and took a look... diesel fuel everywhere. All the soak ups in the drip tray were solid red. Ran to the store to get garbage bags and soak up pads, went back and spent an hour cleaning and removing all the fuel from the drip pan etc.. Started it up, the #1 injector was spraying fuel everywhere. Tightened it up, cleaned up again and that was that. Engine purred like a cat all the way home on Sunday (3.5 hr trip). My guess is the diesel mechanics missed it when they bled the system, but how no one caught this I don't know.

She is in her new slip (literally... new dock) at Shelter Bay in La Conner, WA.

Dave

Good for you!! She has a new home. I hope to be to La Conner sometime in the next week or so. Maritime is doing some repairs on our boat. When I am in town maybe you can show your boat off to me.

Fred P...........

To add to your predeparture checklist: If any mech worked on the engine, check connections :)

L

To add to your predeparture checklist: If any mech worked on the engine, check connections :)

L

I am my ships engineer and mechanic. From this day forward, I'll hire someone to do something I can't based on equipment, facilities or tool needs only. :)
The PO had the service done because I wouldn't take the boat with 6 year old filters on it. :banghead:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom