The LOOP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks Fred for he wonderful link. People have been doing great things in small boats for thousands of years. Many many outboards have been run to Alaska in years past and "boat camping" is more popular than one might think. Here's our 16' aluminum skiff w 40 E-tech Evinrude. Plenty of power for heavy loads and really amazing fuel economy. Pic was taken on our trip last fall to Edna Bay on the west coast. There are very few Duroboats up here in Ak. Lunds and Crestliners are considered much more durable (PI). Our Crestliner is also welded. There is a great book "Boat Camping Haida Gwaii" (Queen Charlotte Islands) by Neil Frazer. A must read for small boat campers. Here's Chris on the skiff in Edna Bay. In the harbor picture we're right in the middle of the boats just ahead of the white FG boat. Other two pics are underway showing the beautiful weather we had. We spent the night at a friends cabin on Marble Is.

-- Edited by nomadwilly on Friday 26th of August 2011 10:04:46 AM

Attachments

• sth71359.jpg
    sth71359.jpg
    248 KB · Views: 56
  • sth71344.jpg
    sth71344.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 62
  • sth71350.jpg
    sth71350.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 66
  • sth71362.jpg
    sth71362.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 57
I note the watch cap. Are those pics taken in "high summer". Brr.

The person with the boat in front of your skiff in the first shot has good taste. It's an Arima, like ours :)

My wife Christine likes to wear those hooded sweat shirts w the hood up. I think it may have been early september and we werte go'in 20 knots or so. In this next pic I have my rain jacket on as a wind breaker and if we had stopped for long I'd have taken it off. It was VERY pleasant weather about like late september to early october in Puget Sound. Well* ..OK* Marin** ...you've got good taste.

Attachments

• sth71379.jpg
    sth71379.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 64
nomadwilly wrote:
My wife Christine likes to wear those hooded sweat shirts w the hood up.
*Isn't that standard Alaskan wear, plus rubber boots? *Here, I normally choose T-shirts.

img_58713_0_06031a7b5ba57a412a403cdfae3159dc.jpg

-- Edited by markpierce on Saturday 27th of August 2011 01:38:56 AM

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom