New member Dredge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dredge

Hi all just purchased a 1980 Sea Banker 35s
Would like to here from fellow member owners of this model

Welcome Dredge.

Sorry cannot help you on your Sea Banker. However I sure someone will shime in.

Enjoy your vessel Mate.

Cheers

H.

Last edited:
Welcome! I am not familiar with that brand name it may have been sold under another name in the US. Do you have some photos of it, or know where it was built.

Good morning Steve
The "Taifoen" was built by CTF Marine Taiwan and classed as a Taiwan Trawler powered by a Ford Lehmann 6 cyl 120
Hope these photos will help you Steve
hp 20170726_105223.jpg20170803_165603.jpg20170727_124737.jpg

Dredge

Nice looking vessel. I am sure you will enjoy here!:thumb:

Cheers Mate

H.

Looks like a Marine Trader.

NICE Side view. I like that the prop is protected by the skeg. Congratulations and enjoy her.

J, who has tested the depth of the water with her skeg a time or three!

Greetings,
Welcome aboard. Could have been made in one of several yards or two of several yards, for that matter. Some Taiwanese vessels have a very convoluted "parentage" and it can be difficult to find a definitive history. As well, nice looking vessel.

Gorgeous!
We just bought a 1983 Sea Ranger. I am looking for owners of the same type vessel. I'm not familiar with your name brand vessel either...but will keep you in mind if I do find someone with same type of boat for you.

Gorgeous!
We just bought a 1983 Sea Ranger. I am looking for owners of the same type vessel. I'm not familiar with your name brand vessel either...but will keep you in mind if I do find someone with same type of boat for you.
Thanks for the compliment, hope you enjoy her as i do with mine
Welcome to our club

Dredge

The guys who made the brand label might have screwed up the translation from Ranger to Banker. That foreign language stuff for them...

Hi there, congrats to the trawler. My Inter-Leja Eurobanker '34 is from 1978, quite similar inside and out. Looking forward to share our experience.

Hi there, congrats to the trawler. My Inter-Leja Eurobanker '34 is from 1978, quite similar inside and out. Looking forward to share our experience.
Hope to see photos of her, anything we can help one another with is appreciated.
What engine has she, mine has a ford lehman 120 hp only 3000 hrs on clock.
They are true traditional vessels in all respects, they don't build them like these anymore.
Dredge

Hope to see photos of her, anything we can help one another with is appreciated.
What engine has she, mine has a ford lehman 120 hp only 3000 hrs on clock.
They are true traditional vessels in all respects, they don't build them like these anymore.
Dredge

There you go, in comparing: dare to share some too?IMG_1812.jpgIMG_1805.jpgIMG_2154.jpgIMG_2193.jpgIMG_2177.jpgIMG_2529.jpgIMG_2418.jpgIMG_2168.jpg

Scores of Taiwanese ship yards built similar trawlers from the 60's into 80's. Mostly using similar or same parts, especially the Lehman 120hp. Mine has 3'500, overhaul is recommended after 10k if treated well.

They look very similar, yours probably looked after better than mine.
Been working non stop to get her ready.
I'm Chief engineer in the merchant navy in the UK so looking forward to engine overhaul.
Hope u like photos, i will post updated recent photos to you when refurb completed.
Thanks

They look very similar, yours probably looked after better than mine.
Been working non stop to get her ready.
I'm Chief engineer in the merchant navy in the UK so looking forward to engine overhaul.
Hope u like photos, i will post updated recent photos to you when refurb completed.
Thanks

Great, I'll post questions and comments throughout the forum for the benefit of all as I'll be working on her. Next I'll have to fix some seals and treat the teak with boracol.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom