Help..Installing new faucet on bar of ponderosa

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Katchia

Have finally been able to disconnect copper hot cold and get fittings off of cracked small faucet. Problem is i cannot install new sink because i cannot get 2 90 degree brass fittings unscrewed from post coming from bottom of faucet. small working area. sprayed pipe loosener on it. any ideas?

Do you need to reuse these fittings? If you can't unscrew them, can you cut them? Hacksaw? Dremel tool with cutoff wheel? Doesn't sound like there is room but heating with a propane torch will loosen a lot of threaded fittings.

i need to reuse. ..mabey im doing it wrong. im open to all suggestions. there is the faucet onto of the bar, ive taken off the hot & cold and removed bolt & fittings. there are 2 threaded openings. from beneath, there is a short threaded shaft with a nut on it that connects to the 90 brass fitting ive removed the hot and cold copper leads which had connected to that. I cant get the darn faucet off. im now turning the nut from beneath to hopefully push the faucet off, but there is a washer that seems to be just tightening. Water leaks everywhere if i turn on pump. so we are without water till i fix. how do i get the faucet off? the threaded pieces come up threw into the bottom of the faucet. WHich i can see there is no other washers top side

Boy, I wish I had had that a couple of weeks ago when replacing our sink faucet. Thanks for the link. There will surely be a next time, boat or house.

The faucet is usually held in place by a large nut on the pipe the water line is connect to. Remove the nut(s) and the faucet will lift off. If it has been sealed with silicone you may need to use a putty knife to break it free.

Back
Top Bottom