Window Solar Screens

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

02Deuce

I'm in the process of purchasing a 1988 GB 36 Classic that is in great shape with the exception of the window solar screens which are becoming a bit tattered. The broker told me they are 80% white Textilene, and would cost about $3200.00 plus to replace from a local sail shop. can anyone tell me if this sounds about right and is their a better option or solution?

Attachments

• IMG_4073.jpg
    IMG_4073.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 144
I just had some made for my boat a few months ago. I used 70% pfifertex. To have them made, just around my PH) cost me about $700.

Hi Guys
When my bridge screen dies with the contant wind and sun downhere in the Caribbean. I used these best thing I did reflects all heat etc and happen to fit my bridge windowws and just drop in the fram, They fold like a fanbelt with 11/2 turns I Seem to remember they were something like 2 for $10 Mine are still going strong some 2 years later . They are around 26x30inchs each.
Have a look on amamzon they selll all sizes. Thery fold to around 1/10 of there size and a 1/8' thick

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EIRAB78/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Buy a Sailrite machine and make your own.
Mesh available from Rochford.com is reasonable.
$3200 seems out of line.
Send me your old ones ill make you new for half of that.
Really...this isn't rocket science...anyone willing to learn can do these w mo problem.
If inclined....I'm willing to get you started. Many others here on TF have become DIY canvas folks and done very well. Sun screens are a perfect project to learn & practice.

Last edited by a moderator:
That sounds high to me. We have had work done by the two main companies in Kemah, one missed every commitment they made and cheated us and one did great work ahead of schedule. PM me if you want a recommendation.

Paul

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom