Trawler Search

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clauspkinder

Hello, after many years a bare boat chartering and lot's of other sailing, I am planning for transitioning to the trawler lifestyle. I have read a number of very helpful posts here and they pointed me to the trawler expo in MD in Sep. I am sure to get a feel for the variety of boats that are out here. At this point, I do not know the brands and how they compare. I need to develop our wish list, ask lots of questions and go on a few weekend trips on a variety of boats. I did come across one that caught my attention, please see attached picture. If anyone can identify the type it would be appreciated. Cheers, Claus

Attachments

• Boat.jpg
    Boat.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 83
Was this the one listed in Va? I love the look of it, but didn't fit the family. A boat I'd love to do the Loop on.

Permission to come aboard! My wise am I just purchased a Defever 49' 1980. She need some work and I am hoping all the year of experience here can help me get through it. We had a 34 Mainship but still rookies. Plan to get her in shape, move aboard and start cruising in a couple years. Thanks in advance!

Permission to come aboard! My wise am I just purchased a Defever 49' 1980. She need some work and I am hoping all the year of experience here can help me get through it. We had a 34 Mainship but still rookies. Plan to get her in shape, move aboard and start cruising in a couple years. Thanks in advance!

Well, you chose a great design!

Welcome aboard!

Best to let the significant other have the majority say and final say on the boat if you want many years of happy boating. Also make sure you walk the yards so you have some idea of what is below the water line. My wife found and had final say about the Eagle. 19 years of being a live aboard with several more yet to come.

Lastly make sure its with in your comfort zone. Bigger is not always better.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom