Places to Cruise

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Carey

Guru
Vessel Name
Happy Destiny
Vessel Make
Custom Lobster Yacht
Here are a couple shots of my favorite cruising place close to home. Sucia Island in the San Juan Islands, Washington State.

Ooops! I guess this should have been in the "Cruising and Events" section. Please feel free to relocate.
smile.gif

-- Edited by Carey at 19:31, 2007-10-11

-- Edited by Carey at 20:36, 2007-10-11

RE: Places to Cruise Florida's Mini Loop

I personally consider Florida's mini loop one to the greatest trips I have ever taken.

You go from the "city" ICW thru the towering condo canyons of Miami and Ft. Lauderdale, to "old Florida" of Lake Okeechobee waterway, to the wide open boating spaces of ft. Meyers , down thru the wilderness of the Everglades Park and Fl Bay, to the Magnificent wates of the Keys. and all in just a few hundred miles.

I have done it many times, and will continue to do so. I love it.

STerling
MV Sterling Lady

It takes a really strong desire for severe punishment to go between MIA and PBI inside.

Dozens of boats , aptly named like (BRAIN DEAD) will run the narrow ICW at top speed , with the wakes , noise and danger that causes. 60-90K with a new boat owner.

The bridges are about 2 miles apart and only open every 15 min MAX , so a displacement boat has a really slow time.

On a weekend after the paycheck is cashed and the Coke starts to work its even worse!

We go outside , even if its 25K from the North!

FF

RE: Places to Cruise Florida's mini Loop

I have done it both on weekends and weekdays. Of course week days or better. but if you go out side, you missing the Journey, and afterall, that's what it is all about.

Cruise offshore in Fl, California, or New York, Is there a difference? Water is water. Go outside and you miss the trip. Rig you boat right and a few wakes won't kill ya.

Lopez and Stuart Is. in the San Juans are pretty nice too.

Ed

-- Edited by Ed at 23:35, 2007-10-14

Attachments

• img_1797.jpg
    img_1797.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 107
  • img_1786.jpg
    img_1786.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 138
Ed
*** ** You got it. There really isn't a bad place in the San Juans.

Carey- nice pics. We hiked out to Ev Henry point on our last boat trip after labor day, but didn't bring the camera!

Thanks Max
*** ** I took one of those pictures from near the point on Ev Henry about the same time you were there.

We left Galesville, Maryland, last Sunday morning, spent Sunday night at Solomons Island, Monday night at Colonial Beach, VA, and arrived at Washington, DC, on Tuesday afternoon.* About 150 miles at 7 knots.* Great weather.*

Attachments

• admiral at the helm
    96 KB · Views: 69
  • cove point light
    81.5 KB · Views: 91
  • solomons island sunrise
    67.9 KB · Views: 70
  • mouth of the patuxent
    114.6 KB · Views: 75
  • mouth of the patomac
    91.4 KB · Views: 64
  • some fall color