Bose Accoustimass location

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TJ Sprocket

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Blue Heaven
Vessel Make
Mainship 430 Aft Cabin
The Bose system on my recently acquired Mainship 430 Aft Cabin does not power up. Previous owner says it worked fine but it's something we didn't check during survey etc. I figure the Accoustimass unit is what I need to check since that's where all the power comes from. But, I can't find it anywhere! And it's not exactly small (like a typical sound system sub woofer floor unit). Anyone have any ideas where the Accoustimass unit would be installed?

I can't speak to your boat but on mine, the subwoofer is located under the corner of the settee where access is so difficult that it's essentially dead storage space. It's also, fortunately, well-positioned near the center of the vessel for sound quality. The only reason I know it's there is I put it there...and almost got stuck in the process!

I finally located the Bose Subwoofer unit. When I replaced the a/c unit for the salon, i discovered the back of the Bose Subwoofer unit located behind and below it, on the far port side of the hull. Basically aligned with the aft end of the settee in the main salon. I couldn’t access it, and think I’ll have to remove the main wood panel behind the settee to get to it. Then, maybe, I can get it working or replace it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom