Nordic Tug anchor question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

peabody

Vessel Name
High Drama II
Vessel Make
Nordic Tug 42'
Hi -
We are new 42' Nordic Tug owners. We have noticed that when we let the anchor out, it has a tendency to rather violently flip in and out of the pulpit and bang into the hull. Fortunately, there are thick, rubber bumpers, so no damage is being done, but I was wondering if other Nordic Tug owners have the same issue and how you address it?
Thanks, Julie

I have a 2000 NT 32 and my Rochna does the same thing. I hope someone has a solution. In an effort to reduce the impact, we lightly bump the switch a couple times to start it out slowly. It helps, but does not solve the problem.

We have a NT 37, we run a 35lb CQR anchor with a Lafrons Tigres windlass. Although we have never had that problem, I see how it could be as the down speed of the windlass is quite fast. Our boat has the extended anchor pulpit which moves the anchor farther away from the bow. Much like Waterford, I bump the switch once when approaching an anchorage, to unseat the anchor from the roller. When we are ready to fully deploy the anchor the stem is already vertical, limiting the swing towards the bow.

We have an NT42 with a 33 kg (73 lb) Rocna. It never bangs on the bow although as you can see the anchor is held away from the bow a bit.

Attachments

• DSC_8066.jpg
    DSC_8066.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 138
On our 42 with a short anchor roller, we don't see that problem with a Mantus 22kg anchor. When ready to anchor we have the anchor shank at about a 45 degree angle on the roller. It drops straight down with no swinging.

Tom

Conrad,

Custom roller?

Tom

Conrad,

Custom roller?

Tom

Hi Tom; no, the roller assembly is an off the shelf self launching AnchorLift product and it works perfectly.

The support knee under it however is a custom build from our local boatyard, Ocean Pacific.

(The knee was required to provide room between the roller and windlass but it also serves to keep the anchor way from the bow during anchoring activities.)

Conrad

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom