View Single Post
Old 07-21-2017, 08:46 AM   #26
smitty477
Guru

City: Northport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art View Post
Yup - Like I said in post 22 - B-12 is Aggressive!! See the video about Berryman B-12 Chemtool I linked in post 22. That shows just how aggressive it is.

Strips varnish, films and gunk right off fuel lines / engine parts / carburetor and injection system internals. I recommend using per instructions. After getting used to B-12 's capabilities then you can begin to play more with varing concentrations.

I had 4bbl carb that set on shelf for years. It was a gummed up mess. In a bucket I placed that carb for 24 hrs. in 30/70 mix of B-12 to gasoline. That was several years ago... still running that carb with no rebuild since. When I took the carb out of bucket I kept dunking it in the bucket fluid as well as scooping out of the bucket and "Basting" the carb for many minutes. The fluid in bucket became dark as heck. Then I flushed the carb with straight gasoline until there was no more color coming out.

yrmv!
I do use cleaners such as these when rebuilding fuel components such as carburetors. At that time I would be replacing seals, "O" rings and gaskets which are adversely affected by these solvents. They are good at removing extra fuel deposits on parts by hand.
smitty477 is offline   Reply With Quote