Overseas Yacht PT 35 Trawler Input

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stratman101

New and looking at a 1984 35 ft Overseas PT Trawler with twin Perkins 135 hp NA engines.

Any advice on what to be aware of or anyone actually own one of these that can offer any info on this Taiwanese vessel?

I'm well aware of the leaky window issues but more interested in hull material and how it handles coastal cruising.

Thanks in advance
Bob

Great boats, review the other post here for more info. As with all boats, a good survey and a engine inspection will tell you more than anything. I just sold mine and bought a DeFever 44 which is largely the same boat, just bigger and heavier but I loved my PT35.

Thx a lot. The boat appears to be in very good condition. They are asking $69k. Think they would take less. What did yours go for?

It's in the ballpark for a nice one. Make an offer and once in contract get it surveyed. Don't go cheap on the survey, do a mechanical inspection to check engines as well.

Hello and Good Eve,
I am also looking into an Overseas 46. I have read good remarks about the boats in general. Any suggestions about the boats or who is the guru on the forum would be awesome?

Jon

I bought a 1983 41' PT Europa in May and run her from Maine to North Carolina. So far, I'm very pleased. Solid hull, handles 3 to 4' seas better than expected.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom