Prop numbers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishpcb

What prop do I have here?
The numbers don't add up. IMG_1958.JPG

Call Michigan Wheel? (or whomever made 'em?) One of those numbers on there will likely be a serial number.

-Chris

Looks like several different stock #around the perimeter maybe for different boats. Next to the bore " 17 24 " maybe pitch and blade diameter which you could measure.

Some prop shops stamp in work order numbers. That prop has been to the shop a lot!!!

Any numbers between the blades on side of hub?

Thats the only numbers.
It's a 1 1/2" shaft
I have the pair and they look good so I will sell them when I find out what they are.

To sell, they will be worth more if you go get them scanned and get the printout.

Any good prop shop and they can measure them for you. Many props are repaired and pitch is change and it is never stamped n the prop. Diameter you can measure yourself but pitch is more difficult.

I will take them to the prop shop and see what I've got.
Thanks

You can pretty easily measure the pitch by laying a straightedge across the front and the back of two blades at their widest point, measure the distance between them, and multiplying that figure by the number of blades.
ie, if the blades measure 5" from front to back, and its a 4 blade prop, 5"x4=20" of pitch.

How do those work with a variable pitch?

Back
Top Bottom