Harrowing crossing to the Bahamas. [emoji23]

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Salty Dawg

I can see your no diplomat and keep steeping on your dick.

Sobeit.

Greetings,
Mr. M. I see what you did there...

200.gif

That's 42, not 22.

But, is Schrodinger's cat alive or dead, and at the same time:angel::angel:

Originally Posted by Portage_Bay
Ah yes, but only for extremely large values of 2

Now, a question for you...

What is half of one plus one?
menzies
one.
Yes, one is a correct answer. As is one and one half. It all depends upon where you put the parentheses.....

Actually it is -1 squared. Think on it. :)

Perhaps the "harrowing" was not being in sight of land?

No, that was the second time it got lost - from behind the smaller boat. Always easy to judge from here, but the eye bolt looked about 70% wasted from corrosion where it broke, go figure. And the eye was about worn through from the metal carabiner they used to attach the line, anyway. That whole operation was doomed before long; they got lucky it happened in broad daylight and such relatively benign conditions. And can you say, "longer tow line?" Ease the loads a little and it may have lived another few days.

In fairness, he was trying to lengthen the tow when he lost...the end....of the line. Won't let that happen again, one would hope.

The rope through the hull was the obvious answer in the short term, but I give that about a day before it chafes through.

Ahh, now that I've joined in the bashing for a moment, let the gods be kind to me next time I leave the dock. It's all obvious from here.

What can ya say? So many mistakes. But that’s how we learn. I just found the non stop complaining annoying.

Hey. slight derail here.

But when in the Exumas this spring we had a US Coast Guard heli run the chain south and the back north every day.

Is that patrol out of South Florida or based in the Bahamas somewhere?

I know this is an old thread, but FYI, the U.S. Coast Guard has airbases on Andros and Great Inagua , and conducts regular air patrols, through an agreement with the Bahamas and the Turks and Caucos. It’s called OPBAT.

Our CG flies the Cay Sal -Orange Cay - Bimini daily along with the Exumas and Abacos. I can’t recall seeing them around Long Cay.

Our CG flies the Cay Sal -Orange Cay - Bimini daily along with the Exumas and Abacos. I can’t recall seeing them around Long Cay.

The Clearwater CG station is the one who does the Bahamas. I don't know how they got tasked with that job.

We had flyovers everyday when at Hogsty Reef. Middle of nowhere.

Back
Top Bottom