Survey on a 00' Camano 31

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Slow Lane
Vessel Make
2005 Silverton 35 Motoryacht
Hi, everyone. I'm in the process of buying a 2000 Camano 31. Tmmrow is my survey, seatrial and haulout.

Aside from what the surveyors look for and find are there any items or Camano specific items that we should be aware of?

I know thats probably an open ended question! But I thought that maybe there were some things that "stick out" in someone's mind.

Thanks in advance! This forum is great and l look forward to being an active member

Welcome South. I know nothing about a Camano. Just bumping this up for you. The folks here are very helpful and this may have been missed.

I have a 2000 Camano Troll (same boat but back then they were called "Troll" and listed at 28'). I bought it in 2008 and had a survey. The only things the surveyor found were expired flares and the GFCI receptacle in the saloon did not trip on a ground fault.

Camano Trolls were and are quality boats. I can't think of any specific issues to worry about.

We have been cruising on our Camano since then for months at a time and love it. It's plenty big for a couple and a small dog and it is economical to run and dock at marinas. We anchor often as well.

Everything went well on the survey. Here's the short version.... The hull, sides, flying bridge deck and other decks were in good shape.

Most of the electronics were working.

Engine performed well. WOT was at 3800 rpms. No leaking from the dripless shaft. Rudder is good. Seastar steering linkage is good. Autopilot works on both helms.

Galley and head fine.

I'll be the owner soon.....The adventure begins .

Back
Top Bottom