BAD canvas work

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gordon B

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Moonstruck
Vessel Make
41' Defever
If anyone is in the Titusville Fl. area and need canvas work stay away form Sailor's Choice Canvas, Richard Elrod.
We used him to sew a new enclosure for our boat(very expensive). He is a preferred vendor at our marina. He comes across as a nice guy and knowledgeable about his craft. Unfortunately, this is not the case. His pattern making is not very good and where the top comes over the side is not long enough which causes the Bimini to leak greatly at the corners. If you question him he gets an attitude and becomes hostile. He won't solve any problems on his own but runs to the marina management for help. When the management suggested he fix the leaking problem he did a ridiculous patch job. If you warn anyone thinking about having him do work for them he will complain to the marina management which looks bad for you. He may be OK for little little jobs but be aware you won't get what you pay for anything else.
Gordo

P.S. I saw him and commented that our enclosure still leaked like a sieve, He said "Tough" and kept walking.

Hmm, I would have thought that the marina management would have been on THEIR customers side, not his. So not sure why he runs to them.

He must have done good work for somebody or he wouldn't still be in business. And the marina wouldn't be recommending him.

I have to believe there are two sides to this story. How about asking this guy to post his side here so we can judge him fairly.

I think his long-lost twin brother works at my local boat yard! Never again!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom