New service for USPS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, saw that. I'm waiting until they can beam my packages to the ship.

:)

Signed up to give it a try. Curious to know what it misses.

I have this service in Jacksonville FL. My subdivision has a central mail box location. There is a drive thru at the front gate where you retrieve your mail from a lock box. USPS sends an email to me showing what was scanned by the sorting device that day at the post office. This helps me decide if I want to retrieve mail from my box. It does not show packages. Good to see the post office using technology to improve service. I have not used the other online services.

Not available for me yet. This would be great for when we are cruising. Our neighbor collects our mail and puts it in a box in our garage. He doesn't go through it.

I know to go online and pay regular bills but sometimes I'll get home and find something I should have taken care of a couple months ago.

Post office boxes here have this service. Love it.
Saves me from going to the box often, but many false alarms too, as it sends me an email even if the report was triggered by a former holder of the box getting mail to be forwarded

St Brendan's Isle system is the way to go for extended cruising. Simple and efficient.

We've used it for some time. As stated above does nothing for packages, including Priority Mail. A step forward for USPS. We use similar notification systems for UPS as well.

Now, provide you information. Perhaps tells you whether it's worth the effort to check your mail. One note is that it's not available for any mailbox service.

Good for most people and good to help detect theft from mailboxes. Still doesn't do anything like St. Brendan's and other travel services.

We don't use St. Brendan's but basically use the same functionality at home when traveling. We have someone pick up our mail and they scan envelopes like St. Brendan's, scan documents, set aside originals we want saved or sent to us. We keep virtually no hard copies, only those forms that must be filled out. We also do the same in our business. Physical filing cabinets are primarily things of the past for us.

Been using the USPS service for a couple of months. First, it does not scan stuff as big as a magazine. You get a canned statement "A mailpiece for which we don't currently have an image is included in today's mail." That could be anything! One would think anything in this category would get a photo! Maybe next rev.
Second, they scan the mail BEFORE it gets a temporary address change label. So everything that gets fowarded still gets scanned.

I have been using this service for several months, too. I find it helpful when I'm away from home. If a bill shows up that I'm not expecting, I can usually go online or call the company to learn the details.

It's not perfect, but it helps.

I have been using this service for several months, too. I find it helpful when I'm away from home. If a bill shows up that I'm not expecting, I can usually go online or call the company to learn the details.

It's not perfect, but it helps.

It's helpful for the totally unexpected item. You get something in the mail from your insurer, for instance, and you have no idea why but realize it could be time sensitive. We don't use our home address for any mail so it's mostly junk, but every once in a while it looks like something we need to look at.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom