Oops.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Robowi

Looks like I goofed. As I said I've been living on my boat since May of 2016. Sold my townhouse and bought me a boat. First experience as a live-aboard; limited boating experience prior to that. Still don't know how to get away from the dock. Does my boat qualify as a trawler??

Welcome aboard.
Living or not on a boat does not qualify it as a trawler or anything else in my sense.
You can live in a peniche, sail boat, cruiser trawler fishing boat house boat or in a submarine...

L.

My first post, the one before "oops" included a photo and description of my boat. Looks to me like it qualifies as a trawler?!? Yes?

Welcome Robowi.

"Trawler" isn't really thing. Don't worry about if your boat is a trawler or not. Simply enjoy the boat and use it how you wish.

If you are concerned about the style of your boat in regards to this forum, then in the traditional sense, yes, it looks like your boat is a trawler. Hope you develop some more boating skills and get away from the dock...life on the hook is wonderful!

Thanks very much for your responses. Looking forward to following the Forum and participating in activities.

Just saw that you are in St. Petersburg....is that as in St. Petersburg, Florida like us?

When you bought the boat, did you have a sea trial? Did you have a survey? Is there a diver who cleans the bottom?

You might want to hire a captain for a few days to give you some training if in fact the boat will start.

Yeah, a 38' Californian is considered a trawler type boat but the way you are using seems to be as a houseboat.

Some people tippy-toe to the edge and ruminate over what to do, others sprint straight over and figure it out on the way down. Benefits/pitfalls to both. Welcome aboard :thumb:

Some people tippy-toe to the edge and ruminate over what to do, others sprint straight over and figure it out on the way down. Benefits/pitfalls to both. Welcome aboard :thumb:

Then again...if you're a troll :trash:

When you bought the boat, did you have a sea trial? Did you have a survey? Is there a diver who cleans the bottom?

You might want to hire a captain for a few days to give you some training if in fact the boat will start.

Yeah, a 38' Californian is considered a trawler type boat but the way you are using seems to be as a houseboat.
Oh yes I did it all right. Had a captain friend help me pick it out. I have a regular bottom diver monthly. Just had the boat pulled and the bottom scraped and painted. It's been out a few times. Even went down to Marco Island for a week. I just haven't learned the technique to take it out by myself. Now if I could just train the cats to handle the lines. . .

Oh OKay....you are downtown...we are on the beach side. Let us know if we can help anytime.

Welcome aboard! Sounds like you did everything right to purchase it and now maintain it. You just gotta learn to use it! Super hard to single hand it though.

Back
Top Bottom